Question about beach fishing on Beecher bay

Greetings,
I'm new to beach fishing for salmon and was hoping to get some rules of thumb. I plan to fish at Beechey Head ... hopefully to find a willing Columbian. What tide is most productive? I've heard that early mornings are best as the fish are shallower.

All advice is welcomed (... except for "get a boat" which I'd love to but can't afford).

Thanks,
Alex

Never tried casting from the rocks, although many times while fishing the "Head" from a boat, Ive thought how kool it would be to stand on those rocks and throw out a sting for the slabbies!!
Believe it or not, sometimes I think how nice it would be to get back to the basics of fishing, like you are talking about. Not much in the way of advice, but just thought I would let you know, Im green with envy!! Let us know how you make out there. I would suggest Early AM. on a flood tide. Rip some lips!!!
Prowler out... <(((><

Never tried casting from the rocks, although many times while fishing the "Head" from a boat, Ive thought how kool it would be to stand on those rocks and throw out a sting for the slabbies!!
Believe it or not, sometimes I think how nice it would be to get back to the basics of fishing, like you are talking about. Not much in the way of advice, but just thought I would let you know, Im green with envy!! Let us know how you make out there. I would suggest Early AM. on a flood tide. Rip some lips!!!
Prowler out... <(((><

Prowler out... <(((><

Thanks to Prowler and Rodbreaker for ideas. My Sunday trip has been delayed, I'll try again next weekend.

Question though ... what did you mean by: "thats why there's a waranty!"

Alex

Thanks to Prowler and Rodbreaker for ideas. My Sunday trip has been delayed, I'll try again next weekend.

Alex

Alex

Alex, I used to fish the head years ago.. was a great place for late summer coho's and springs. I liked the grey and white bussbomb for springs and the green and white for Coho's both in 3". I'm pretty sure that you still cannot retain coho but haven't checked this years regs. Like prowler said flood tides both early am and pm are good.

Couple other spots you might want to try are talyor beach casting into the surf in late july night fishing seemed to be the best. I more luck with a big old white with silver speckles plug ripping it in just under the top. also there is point no point just past sooke which has produced some very big springs in the high 40's.

Good luck,

W

Alex, I used to fish the head years ago.. was a great place for late summer coho's and springs. I liked the grey and white bussbomb for springs and the green and white for Coho's both in 3". I'm pretty sure that you still cannot retain coho but haven't checked this years regs. Like prowler said flood tides both early am and pm are good.

Couple other spots you might want to try are talyor beach casting into the surf in late july night fishing seemed to be the best. I more luck with a big old white with silver speckles plug ripping it in just under the top. also there is point no point just past sooke which has produced some very big springs in the high 40's.

Good luck,

W

Good luck,

W

Back