QCI

Anyone been to the Tasu sound lodge or Englefield Bay lodge?
If so hows the fishing there. Im heading up real soon and was just wondering how its been going there

Lots of big halibut and lots of springs in the 15-25 pound range with a few larger. 50 springs in one day is not uncommon. Get ready for BIG WATER!!!!

Lots of big halibut and lots of springs in the 15-25 pound range with a few larger. 50 springs in one day is not uncommon. Get ready for BIG WATER!!!!

awesome....sounds better than it was last year!!!! I cant wait the best we did was like 40 springs in a day...hit one massive school

awesome....sounds better than it was last year!!!! I cant wait the best we did was like 40 springs in a day...hit one massive school

Getting daily reports from Kano Inlet, about 40 miles North of Englefield and yes, fishing is very good, but not excellent for that part of the Coast right now. 50 springs a day sounds a little exaggerated (I've been fishing Hippa & Kano since 1993)but is indeed possible on the right day. 15 to 30 springs a day is more like it if you're set up with the right boat and the right gear. A 4 day commercial troll fishery for Chinook ends tonite aso things should pick up nicely for the weekend. I hope so, because I'm heading in on Friday!

Lots of nice halibut this year with the biggest at Kano so far at 266 lbs. Many 100 +, fortunately, most of the bigger ones released.

Too many Coho. Thank god I wont be mooching but might break out the fly rod for a cast or two...

Good luck Tyee Hunter, weather looks great for the next few days and on that Coast, can make or break a trip!

Gama

Getting daily reports from Kano Inlet, about 40 miles North of Englefield and yes, fishing is very good, but not excellent for that part of the Coast right now. 50 springs a day sounds a little exaggerated (I've been fishing Hippa & Kano since 1993)but is indeed possible on the right day. 15 to 30 springs a day is more like it if you're set up with the right boat and the right gear. A 4 day commercial troll fishery for Chinook ends tonite aso things should pick up nicely for the weekend. I hope so, because I'm heading in on Friday!

Lots of nice halibut this year with the biggest at Kano so far at 266 lbs. Many 100 +, fortunately, most of the bigger ones released.

Too many Coho. Thank god I wont be mooching but might break out the fly rod for a cast or two...

Good luck Tyee Hunter, weather looks great for the next few days and on that Coast, can make or break a trip!

Gama

Back