Prospect Lake

Even on the lightest fly rod Prospect rainbows don't jump. It's not in their genes.. :)

tell that to the scrappy little guy i hooked into on saturday, he jumped as soon as he hit my plug. I guess those treble hooks are enough inspiration to do a little acrobatics:rolleyes: oh wait, that might have been a cutthroat...

Nice! I love the cutties, they are really screppy. I had one hit my spinner bait fishing for bass and it was like 14" and it jumped a few times!

-Steve

hey ya'll... i'm new to fishing the victoria area and i found Prospect Lake listed on gofishbc.com... i'm without a boat at the moment but is there shore fishing or a dock to fish from? and if there is how do i get to it?

Thanx

37 Trout and 3 bass today at prospect and a monster of a bass in the 6 pound range! WOW!!!!! Unreal rish. Will post a pick soon!

-Steve

There are two shore points that are easily accessible and good for fishing. One is the boat launch at the echo drive. I've caught lots of trout there using power bait off the bottom. It can get busy there with boats coming and going but is a great shore point. The other spot is off Prospect lake rd near the entrance to the golf course. If your coming from west saanich there is a big boulder on the left before the golf course. There is room for a few cars to park there. There is a short trail there that leads to some rock bluffs. Fishing is good off bottom and also casting spinners. Good luck.

Was out yesterday and got a couple trout! Nice fish. Trolling down the middle with bluefox spinner.

Was out last week. Got a few nice rainbows. Figured Id share some pics.

NewboatandFlyfishingsookeriver023.jpg

NewboatandFlyfishingsookeriver025.jpg

-Steve

EPIC!!!! I wouldent leave home without it in the winter when I hunt or fish. Deffinitly can be the difference between a comfortable days fishing and going home early because your too cold. I dont use the heating portion half as much as I thought I would only because the jacket is so danm warm on its own and very comfortable.

Id give it a 9/10 and only because I really want to get a CAMMO one they came out a month after I bought this one.

-Steve

I'm more of a salty guy but got out for a little c&r and took my son out for an hour (he's two) and caught three from shore all in the 12-14" range with lots of good bites. First time we caught fish together (first of many to come!) and something I will remeber for the rest of my life. Get out there and take a kid! There is lots of action right now and they won't get bored!

Not a one. Does this halibut chest pounding have to leak over to the fresh section. Thought it would be nice to take my son fishing. So sorry. Should I have stayed home? What is your point? Don't fish unless its for meat?

Thanks for the report shep sounds like good times!

I still remember clear as day fishing off a pier with my grandma while these guys were catching 'red snapper' I thought it was the most magical looking fish I ever saw lol.

And how many hooking mortalities did you have???????

Not a one. Does this halibut chest pounding have to leak over to the fresh section. Thought it would be nice to take my son fishing. So sorry. Should I have stayed home? What is your point? Don't fish unless its for meat?

Wow... really?
Is it now bad to take a kid fishing for stocked sterile trout to teach children how to fish barbless while catching and releasing properly?

Glad to hear you had a great day Shepnoir! We love taking the "little ones" to Prospect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back