Proposed Dam on the Kettle River - HELP

R

rdurand

Hello,

I am trying to raise awareness about the proposed dam on the Kettle River, near Christina Lake. Please read through the information below, and if interested, send in a letter to help oppose the dam. The public comment period ends on Feb 16th, so please send in letters now!

Since the environmental assessment of the proposal began, over 90% of the comments submitted to the BC government have strongly opposed the project, and over 1,100 people from throughout the world have signed petitions against the project. In addition, various organisations (such as the Columbia Canoe Club, the Recreational Canoeing Association of British Columbia, the Granby Wilderness Society, and the US based Kettle Range Conservation Group, and Lands Council, and many more) that represent several thousand members have spoken out against this project. All of the First Nations groups that have participated in the assessment have also opposed it.

Please help us end this project once and for all. Send a letter to the address below, and circulate this email to everyone you know who may be interested. You can also go to my website at: www.ryandurand.net/cascade.htm and use the form to automatically send in a letter.

Thank you,

Ryan Durand
Christina Lake, BC
cascade@ryandurand.net

Comments can be sent to:

Derek Griffin
BC Environmental Assessment Office
PO Box 9426 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9V1
Garth.Thoroughgood@gems7.gov.bc.ca

Thank you for helping oppose this project!

One of the greatest visionaries in this province was WAC Bennet who had the wisdom and foresightedness to build massive dams all around the province before the environmental movement got going.

Simply put hydro-electricty is the cheapest and cleanest source of power we have available. Going forward the best way to prevent gas-fired generation plants (or coal or oil fired)is to be more efficient with what we have ( ie powersmart program). Failing that I would rather see a well designed dam with approriate fish ladders than acid rain-producing power plants, or God forbid, nuclear power plants that produce radioactive waste with a hlf-life of several thousand years.

Just my thoughts on dams in general.

I prawn, therefore I am.

One of the greatest visionaries in this province was WAC Bennet who had the wisdom and foresightedness to build massive dams all around the province before the environmental movement got going.

Simply put hydro-electricty is the cheapest and cleanest source of power we have available. Going forward the best way to prevent gas-fired generation plants (or coal or oil fired)is to be more efficient with what we have ( ie powersmart program). Failing that I would rather see a well designed dam with approriate fish ladders than acid rain-producing power plants, or God forbid, nuclear power plants that produce radioactive waste with a hlf-life of several thousand years.

I prawn, therefore I am.

I prawn, therefore I am.

I prawn, therefore I am.

Back