Project 'Bad Habits' Build

Thanks for the kind words fellas! Looking back, it was one hell of an undertaking. I still have a few things that require my attention aside from the boat so it may be a day or two before the total onslaught begins. But you can catch me (via radio lol) on 88A soon enough!

Sculpin, I will see you in Nanaimo pretty soon I reckon....

Here are the two videos which are now available to view. I guess I had them set to private.

Cheers

[Ss804jP5LQs] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss804jP5LQs

engine priming:

[fu2s6r2zmkA] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu2s6r2zmkA

Congrats Nick, just in time for what is arguably the best vancouver fishery. 45 miles is plenty fast, guess you will be the guy to call for the fishing report. See you out there soon.

Nice work Nick, sounds like there were no gotchas on the maiden voyage. Now to get it in the water permanently. See you out there.

Nice work Nick, sounds like there were no gotchas on the maiden voyage. Now to get it in the water permanently. See you out there.

She went to the slip the day of the maiden voyage....if there were any gotchyas or glitches I would have been f'd! Luckily it all came together and worked flawlessly...

Awesome stuff FB. Just waiting for the call for when you bomb over here at a nice 34 mph cruise? (just throwing that one out there but let us know the real numbers). Can't wait to step foot on her and go for a burn.

Cheers,
John

Cool to finally meet you and the boat in person FB. I think everyone who posted in this thread can fit on that thing!

Thought I would share a couple pics of this machine I saw over the weekend...looks good buddy

Attachments

• chubby mods 195.jpg
    chubby mods 195.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 250
  • chubby mods 201.jpg
    chubby mods 201.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 252
Wow. She looks a lot better at home on the water than sitting in the shop. She looks great Nick!

Not too sure what those two guys are doing in the second pic lol.............

Last edited by a moderator:
is this thread still goin!? lol great shots Matt. Thanks! Very cool.

John, I'm not sure what YOU are seeing in the second picture, but now I am questioning what kind of 'ride' you are looking for :| YIKES!

Some numbers to chew on...

She is happy cruising at anywhere between 25 and 33mph @ 2.4 to 2.9 mpg. RPM of approx 3700-4100 RPM.
The boat planes in the low 20's @ approx 3200 RPM.

Hole shot on this boat is redonkulous! It as plenty of jump and there is zero hesitation when going from 25 to 45mph.

No fish to the boat yet, other than a pair of flounder that took a liking to my Tuna heads...suprisingly, there was nay a crab to be found! Done crabbing with Tuna, thats for sure. 4 traps w/ Tuna, just 2 crabs! 1 trap with salmon and pellets, 25 crabs!

There have been a few hick ups along the way. Pretty much all related to fuel. Thank god for water separators. Apparently my tanks picked up a lot of condensation (or possibly bad pump gas, but doubtful) during the year build. There was sediment debris in main engine separator filter, as well as a quarter cup of water.
The kicker on the other hand had a disastrous amount of water in the auxiliary tank, so much that what was in the water separator looked like I had just pulled a cup of water from the Fraser. The kicker will need to come off the boat and have a carb overhaul or possibly more.

Since the initial BS with the main engine, again fuel and my negligence related, not ETEC, I have been so SO happy with this engine, and the package as a whole. It has the largest fishing space of any boat I have been on to date, and that includes the many craft I stepped onto at the boat shows in it's class and likely 10' above. It's been a blast, I was on the water Fri thru Monday, wishing I had made it out today!

Impressive accomplishment FB! Can't wait to see it out on the island. Maybe now you guys can win some of your money back.

Judging by how often you are on the coast (everytime I am there haha) I have some practice to put in to keep up with you Cowboys.

Practice making perfect today...first blood on Bad Habits!

Back