Prawn pot rope.

Discussion in 'General Open Forum' started by Chuck, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Chuck

Chuck Active Member

Typically put the 4oo+ feet of rope for pots inside the pots for storage but don’t want to fight with that any longer. In the way and tangled.
    Would like to find a good tough plastic basket or barrel that could handle that amount of rope. Interested to hear how others manage their pot rope. Thanks,

2. AndrewH

AndrewH Member

my 450ft fits coiled in a 5gal bucket from HD

3. Sir Reel

Sir Reel Well-Known Member

Chuck and Filletandrelease like this.
  4. Thunder21

Thunder21 Active Member

I used a big blue garbage can with the wheels on one side of the bottom. I just stick it in the back corner of the boat while running. I can cram 3 600 foot runs in it . Then I pack a smaller tote with another 600 feet in it for my last 2 traps.

5. Capilano

Capilano Active Member

I have used these muck buckets for years and for a variety of things. Sometimes, I see them at Canadian Tire, Costco or Princess Auto.

[​IMG]

6. Fixit

Fixit Well-Known Member

I use the roughneck bins but the rectangle shape doesn’t help it coil well inside

7. spring time

spring time Well-Known Member

Laundry basket

8. Reeltime

Reeltime Well-Known Member

Garbage can with lots of 3" holes drilled out on the side to keep the sets of rope dry.

Chuck likes this.
  9. gokart

gokart New Member

For me garden hose reel works the best ,and I have 4 sets of 400' on it total 1600 '

Chuck likes this.
  10. Chuck

Chuck Active Member

Good idears, thanks.
    Was able to find a 10 gap Brute plastic garbage can. Holds 450ft. of rope and the buoy. Have to put it to work to see how the set up functions.

11. captmike

captmike Member

just so you'r not called a landlubber or a cowboy-buy rope in a store-take it on a boat and it's called a line-bowline, trapline...

Corey_lax likes this.