Powell River 2015

Is coho point just north of shelter point? I think I've fished there before but not positive.

On my way to Texada tomorrow for a week. "Out fer a rip" will be on the water all week so we'll see you all on the water.

Also, what VHF channel is primarily used over there?

Thanks again!

Dave

Is coho point just north of shelter point? I think I've fished there before but not positive.

On my way to Texada tomorrow for a week. "Out fer a rip" will be on the water all week so we'll see you all on the water.

Also, what VHF channel is primarily used over there?

Thanks again!

Dave

It is the north end of the island. Shelter Pt is about 30-45 mins south of it. We all usually use channel 16.

Little late, but fished grants reef Friday night on our way back down the coast from rivers inlet to vancouver. Picked up a beauty red spring about 24 lbs. The biggest of our trip. Chartreuse spatter back hooch and bon chovy flasher down at 199. Only did 2 passes as it was a little rough, getting late and we wanted to get to Pender harbor for the night. Marked lots on the sounder and wanted to stay. I will never pass grants reef and not fish it. Great spot. Sounds like maybe we should have hit coho point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome guys, thanks for the info. I'll be camped at shelter so I guess I'll try out front there at the radio tower and maybe run up to blubber to fish coho point. Might even make a run out to grant reef. Long run but sounds like it might be worth it!

Dave

Hey guys.
Heading up to Pender harbour in a week. Any hints on where I may find some schooling pinks to get the kids into on the light gear?

Sasqman you might get some advice on the Sechelt thread, not too many people run down to PH from up here.

Heading up to Pender mid August. Not bringing boat, but wouldn't mind going out for a day with the kid. Any recommendations for charters?

Heading up to Pender mid August. Not bringing boat, but wouldn't mind going out for a day with the kid. Any recommendations for charters?

Only guy I know of is Fred at Trophy charters in Maderia Park. Not many charters in Pender area these days.

Went out in that wind last night 10 boats for a mini derby winning fish was a 4lbs pink.

Local sea fair derby today biggest spring 22lbs cleaned. Biggest bottom fish 34lbs Hali both fish from the sandbanks off hardwood island. Never had to deal with pinks like I had to today. 5 fish in the 20's weighed in.

Picked up a high teen maybe a twenty pound spring at Sarah Point Friday Afternoon about an hour after slack. Had to put in lots of time for only one fish, a couple others spit the hook, but all in all a good overnighter to Tenedos.

Ran up to Denham bay yesterday. Lots of action our biggest was just over 20lbs. I think everyone had a net out at some point. Lots of fog in am.

I was up at Denham mid week, came home Friday. A very successful trip for us too. Chinook=6 Ling=6 Biggest Chinook to 19 same for the lings.

I was up at Denham mid week, came home Friday. A very successful trip for us too. Chinook=6 Ling=6 Biggest Chinook to 19 same for the lings.

I haven't mastered ling up there yet, We will have to chat next time I see you.

Back