Powell River 2015

Ill be in egmont for the week so its a bit of a ride to go to epsom or southern tip of texada

thanks charlie 415, I've heard it can be a fun trip with the kids. All kinds of different fish to be caught over there.

Dave

Ill be in egmont for the week so its a bit of a ride to go to epsom or southern tip of texada

Pretty sure Quarry bay is still holding fish. Not a bad run from Egmont. But Epsom or upwood may be better and only another 10-12 mile run. I fish out of Pender harbour also. I'm planning on all those areas this weekend. For all of this season so far, bait has been the way to go.

How have you found the dogfish using bait? I know in CR it's pointless even trying to use bait. You don't get it down and you have a dog on....

Dave

How have you found the dogfish using bait? I know in CR it's pointless even trying to use bait. You don't get it down and you have a dog on....

Dave

Dogs have not been bad for me this year. But when I start getting them I'll either move a bit or switch to something else. I also troll quite fast so maybe that helps??

Pretty sure Quarry bay is still holding fish. Not a bad run from Egmont. But Epsom or upwood may be better and only another 10-12 mile run. I fish out of Pender harbour also. I'm planning on all those areas this weekend. For all of this season so far, bait has been the way to go.

I fished Epsom all this week at dusk, it was great. The bite seemed to come on around 8 till dark. This was last night in 2 hrs. Anything green.
Epsom.jpg
Talked to a couple of buddies today and Coho Pt has still been really good in the early morning or dusk as well.

Heading to texada in a couple weeks. Any recommendations on locations for springs around then? I've heard coho point thrown around a bit but unsure of location. Staying in gillies bay. Is coho pt. north or south of there? Thanks

Dave

Just talked to my Texada contact 3 at shelter point last night all on plugs one at 30ft on the rigger.

Hey Kevin, Killum Bay which is quite close to Egmont may hold some fish, it did for me in May. Quarry Bay is also producing some fish, my friend got three in a morning there.

Shelter point isn't that on the west side of Texada? What plug did he get them on if you know? Killam bay is very close to use I'll give that a try tonight after getting setup today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just recently moved to powell about 3 weeks ago and have been fishing coho point. Im having the best luck on uv hootchies green and also army truck. Went out tonight for a couple hours and ended up with 2 whites around 25 to 28 lbs

Well just recently moved to powell about 3 weeks ago and have been fishing coho point. Im having the best luck on uv hootchies green and also army truck. Went out tonight for a couple hours and ended up with 2 whites around 25 to 28 lbs

Nice haul, The whites seem to be bigger around here. Some of the bigger fish I have heard of lately.

Ya they were nice. Buddys over in campbell were saying they were getting bigger fish coming through as well these last few days

Back