Powell River 2015

Discussion in '2015 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by TheHurtLocker, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Ken J

Ken J Member

Thank you HL. Would you mind if I pm'ed you the night before we come up to get the current state of affairs if there no more posts?

Thanks again. Ken

2. Kisinana

Kisinana Active Member

Some nice fish being caught down Scotch Fir Point lately, some teeners and one mid twenties from guys I work with. I guess the Jervis winter run may be picking up again after many years of slow catches.

3. TheHurtLocker

TheHurtLocker Well-Known Member

No problem Ken.

4. Ken J

Ken J Member

Hurt Locker & Kisinana

Thanks for you help. I pm'ed you both but not sure if it went through. My Sent box shows empty.

HL, got your message. Travelling onThursday, will contact when we get up there.

Thanks again

Ken

5. TheHurtLocker

Ken I received your PM. I will be around you can give me a call when your up.

6. reelbender

reelbender Member

was out sunday up at waddington, got two 18s &17 and was out this am at the sandbanks and got a 16 & 8, time to smoke batch:cool:

7. leftcoast

leftcoast Well-Known Member

Now that's a report.. Good to hear any prawns up waddington?

8. reelbender

reelbender Member

yes there was, we dropped 5 traps and got around 100 prawns

9. reelbender

reelbender Member

27 pounder on friday
    IMG_3588.jpg IMG_3592.jpg

10. charlie415

charlie415 Well-Known Member

Nice fish. Nasty day?

11. Stoisy

Stoisy Member

Beauty!!! Where at? what on? Come on....it won't matter, but the conversation is always interesting!

12. reelbender

reelbender Member

it was very nasty day but the fish made up for it, it was at coho point on a anchovy.

13. Kisinana

Kisinana Active Member

I watched you guys beat it across in that snotty weather, I am guessing you had some luck in Limekiln Bay previous to Friday? Good to see it was a worthwhile trip. I s there much bait in the bay yet?

14. TheHurtLocker

Fished low slack at Coho today, kept a nice winter around 12 lbs and lost a couple. 155 down on a wonder bread spoon orange and glow flasher. Fished plugs most of the tide with no results.

15. reelbender

reelbender Member

only saw a few bait balls, might head out this afternoon.

16. leftcoast

leftcoast Well-Known Member

Skunked backside and coho wind came up a few boats out but never saw much for bait or action. My brother was in town so it's always a skunk when I promise him action never fails.

17. scar tissue

scar tissue Member

hope to launch the boat tonite or tomorrow. are there many fish being caught
    cheers
    st

18. I was thinking about going back to pedder bay this year...I had the best fishing years in PR when I was a kid...as time went on...the fishing there dropped big time...after my brother died I just never went back...some of the best fishing I ever had with my big bro was off Grant's reef...maybe time to come back.

19. charlie415

charlie415 Well-Known Member

Picked up five chinook in an hour Sunday morning at the mouth of Waddington. Fished Brettell Saturday evening and it was quiet. Heard the beach was producing a few fish as well. What a great weekend on the water.

20. tortuga

tortuga Member

Was that around 10-11?
    We weren't far from you and went 5 for 8 in that one hour.
    All 16-21 lbs. Quiet before and after.