Powell River 2014

Discussion in '2014 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by TheHurtLocker, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Fish Assassin

Fish Assassin Crew Member

At Grants right now. Waters is flat and fishing was not affected by whales earlier today.

2. leftcoast

leftcoast Well-Known Member

Good news! If wind doesn't come up I will be there tomorrow night after work for a few hours.

3. TheHurtLocker

TheHurtLocker Well-Known Member

I dont think I will make it. Still in the huge doghouse from yesterdays epic 14 hrs shift on the water and no text or contact with the wife. It was a great day!

4. leftcoast

RIP my friend maybe on the weekend!

5. charlie415

charlie415 Well-Known Member

LOL but then again what good are brownie points if you don't burn em up every once in a while. Might cost you a nice bottle of wine and dinner out, but you will be back soon. Just remember a happy wife is a happy life. Even I learned that, very slowly mind you.

6. Tide Up

Tide Up Member

]LOL but then again what good are brownie points if you don't burn em up every once in a while. Might cost you a nice bottle of wine and dinner out, but you will be back soon. Just remember a happy wife is a happy life. Even I learned that, very slowly mind you.

]I dont think I will make it. Still in the huge doghouse from yesterdays epic 14 hrs shift on the water and no text or contact with the wife. It was a great day![/QUOTE]

LOL,Hurtlocker

Now Charlies givin ya marriage advice.This forum is amazing

7. TheHurtLocker

LOL,Hurtlocker

Now Charlies givin ya marriage advice.This forum is amazing[/QUOTE]

I'll take any advise to get back on the water!

8. charlie415

My wife is as avid a boater/fisher as anyone. Has six footitis to boot. Asking me if I can get time off work to spend four days up Toba. Just got back from there and she is asking why I haven't gone on the Regal derby? Looks like it is working for me. I will be up there next May even if I have to take time off work.

9. Wopper

Wopper Member

Awesome time. I bring my boat or fly up and have yet to be disappointed! Except when those Aholes drilled my gas tank in my truck at Lund! Lol!

10. kingcatcher

kingcatcher New Member

Thanks leftcoast and Kisinana for the replies. Sorry it took so long for me to respond but I was away (wish I could say I was fishing).
    Any hints for Toba?

11. leftcoast

Kingcatcher read the quote above

12. TheHurtLocker

Well I bought the bottle of wine and it worked. I was able to go fishing this morning out at Iron Mines. 4 in the tub in a little over an hour. I think it helped that my wife was out of town. The wine tasted great!

Ironminesmay252014.jpg

13. Tide Up

Tide Up Member

Nice work HurtLocker! Was it red or white?

14. TheHurtLocker

Thanks TU, they were all red. I should have taken a pic of the herring in them. 6 to 7 inch and stuffed.

15. charlie415

Is that the wine or the fish?

16. TheHurtLocker

LOL, both.

17. TheHurtLocker

Coho Pt tonight, 1 in the tub released 2 and lost 5.

18. TheHurtLocker

Out this morning at Vananda at 5. Slow picked up a 12 lber on a white hoochie. Couple of fish taken with choives out there. Battled the NW.

19. scar tissue

scar tissue Member

two keepers one under size all on plugs at coho point at low slack today

20. leftcoast

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014