Powell River 2014

Tossed a trap out of the little tin boat just south of town on Sunday, picked up 70 prawns.....better than most sets last year.

the boat is going in tomorrow, I know its supposed to be windy for a few days but am hoping for a break. any fish being caught . thanks in advance.
cheers st

Fished today at Coho Pt and at the Mill. 5 fish all undersize. Blue and silver coyote spoon and green and glow hoochie, 150 to 220 down. nice mild day out there, even some sun.

finally got the boat in today. fished for about two and a half hours around vananda, lots of feed near the eight ball no bites .

I heard of lots of fish being caught yesterday. Sandbanks and backside of Harwood. The Murquin had 5 in the tub for sure, all on plugs.

fished harwood yesterday lost one and one other hit. picked one up at coho point today about 11 pounds and another at harwood about the same size both on plugs and lost another on a apex

hey chinooky, I do use the 500 , 700 and a few glow ones as well. I only fish plugs and spoons, don't even own a flasher. just got my nog needle spoons yesterday so will be givin those a try on Monday. good luck out there
cheers
st

why is that hambone ? I don't like em and don't use em. have a few buddies who bring a few with them I catch as many or more fish . plugs, naked spoons and apex are all I use

Just a sarcastic post, seeing as how most people on here probably own way to many! Myself included

I hate flashers... But more often than not use them. :)

Fished Van Anda today one keeper and a great haul of prawns. It was nasty to start but finished nice. Also saw one from the mill in the harbour.

It was amazing, not huge in size but lots around. The Friday morning we had 4 in the boat and released 8 by 7am. 361 more days till Toba Derby 2015.

Anyone know if there is a Toba Inlet derby this year, and have any details?

Howesounder and i are trying to figure out a good time to head up there and fish that area for 5 days or so and if there is a derby it would be that much more fun...

Seems like beginning of May has lots of fish around between Desolation and Powell River area, so that is looking like a good time for a trip. Feel free to comment on timing... I like May over June cus its that much sooner!

Anyone know if there is a Toba Inlet derby this year, and have any details?

Howesounder and i are trying to figure out a good time to head up there and fish that area for 5 days or so and if there is a derby it would be that much more fun...

Seems like beginning of May has lots of fish around between Desolation and Powell River area, so that is looking like a good time for a trip. Feel free to comment on timing... I like May over June cus its that much sooner!

It's just a derby for our hockey team nothing special just a bunch of buddies getting together fish all day and sit around a fire and drink beer at night it's actually awesome. We only call it a derby so the wife's think it's important. The only local derby I know of right now is June 20th first prize trip for 2 in the summer of 2016 to Langara lodge. More details on that one when they come out.

I will PM you.

i picked up a 12 and a 28 outside of quarry bay, (just north of pender harbour on monday. 120 ft on an army truck hoochie. she had 5x 5" long herring in her belly

Back