Powell River 2014

have heard the winter spring fishing has been good. can anyone confirm this. also heard theres been a couple hali caught . hope to have the boat ready to go for december

My buddy was out this morning Coho Point 2 teens and a few undersized great morning

Leftcoast, Burty shot a doe yesterday that was a teener. #ifitsbrownitsdown. Would like to get out there and get the lines wet soon and throw some gear down for prawns? Have you heard any prawning reports?

The Texada Island Doe season is like shooting large breed dogs not much to them.

As for prawns no reports when your off next on the weekend lets get out!

Had a visit from DFO on Sunday afternoon. Accused my wife of catching and keeping a 130lb halibut! Don't know to say to that? Heard lots of stories about this guy. You would think he would need some sort of evidence. Our tax dollars at work I guess.

hali130.jpg
Now that one is 130lbs.But long since eaten. Back in the day when we could keep em if we caught em.

Last edited by a moderator:
That goes all the way back to your October 15th post of that nice LEGAL fish you caught???
WTF?
That's sketchy. We want them to react to issues of poaching and other contraventions. But to show up weeks later and just say that???

Yep. DFO says "so I hear you caught a 130lb halibut". Starting to look like a problem.

Wow Charlie415! That's crazy and totally wrong. Great Job on working it to get the fish you get. I heard the winter's are around big time.

Don't think he will be getting any invites to my house. Next time they want to board my boat I might have to say no. I wonder what rights they actually have?

Don't think he will be getting any invites to my house. Next time they want to board my boat I might have to say no. I wonder what rights they actually have?

They can not board your boat and search with out probable cause so random searches are out . Same as your car, they are not allowed to search unless they have probable cause. In fact if they ask permission to come aboard and do not disclose that you have the right to refuse the search, anything they find gets turfed. This is straight from RCMP who are family members.

saying that, its up to us to follow the rules, i have many guests on my boat that wanted to keep that extra fish or upgrade or not record that spring on the license and I just refuse.

Went out for a quick few hours yesterday with Hurtlocker off the sanbanks nothing at all. Nice to see the sun, but it was chilly! Had big plans of doing some prawning today, but change of plans. Anyone getting any prawns around here?

Back