Powell River 2014

Never had the privilege to fish up in PR, about 1-1.5 hr ride North with the boat from where I'm usually at. Where exactly is the Iron Mines, if you don't mind me asking? You can PM me if you want. South down by Pender Harbour it's been tough fishing for the last few weeks. Lots of people getting skunked (more than usual :) ) as it usually tails off starting in August....

PM sent. Iron Mines is the rock wall from the entrance of Lund south to Hurtado Pt.

Fishin'Zinn

Have you thought about the area Scotch Fir Point 49.44N 124.16W there can be decent fishing there at this time of year as the runs in the Jervis and Sechelt area are returning past here.
Another spot just slightly further north is Lang Bay, Brew Bay 49.46N 124.21N. The coho are returning to the hatchery at Lang Creek and the bays are open to fishing. Some monster size hatchery returns the past few years and this years seems to be looking the same.

Hi guys,

Heading up to Pender Harbour for a week with the family. Staying at a place in gunboat bay. Got a 17 Double eagle and the kids are raring to do some fishing and crabbing. Just finished putting the RCA's in my plotter, and now looking for some spots to go. I'm from aldergrove, so not to familiar with the area. Anyone have any good spots for bottom fishing? I think I have the salmon covered with the amount of reading I do on here, or at least I think I do, but I would really like to get the kids into some ling cod, rockfish.................maybe a halibut...............................any input would be great.

Thanks

Paul

Lots of small nooks and crannies around the backside of Nelson and Hardy Islands we fished as kids. Should be able to find a few spots around there with some rockfish. Look for shelves in about 120 to 150 deep water and slightly deeper for snapper.

Sasqman try me on 09 or 16 on VHF I'll point you in a few directions. Secret Pursuit.

I have heard that some have been caught around Favada Pt. I would imagine more the further you go down the west side.

Fishing coho point now , saw some jumpers, probably socs.
Anyone catching nearby?
Only dogfish on bait for us...
Running green/ glow spoon now and chovie..

fished the mill harwood and grief point yesterday . hooked two at the mill landed one about ten pounds. nothing at harwood. went to grief point and we landed one about 16 pounds, all on plugs

Back