Powell River 2014

Discussion in '2014 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by TheHurtLocker, Mar 9, 2014.

1. TheHurtLocker

TheHurtLocker Well-Known Member

Was out enjoying the great day today. It's starting to feel or at least today did like summer. Fished Rebecca Rock between Texada and Harwood. Could not believe the bait around. Used plugs all day lost 2 and gave 1 a gunnel massage. Saw 2 other boats out and 5 fish caught between them.

Bait2.jpg Bait1.jpg march2014.jpg filet.jpg

Did not have time to get a pic when it was caught, I was by myself and it was a bit of a gong show with 2 rods and trying to keep her between the lines.

2. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

Any sign of roe herring over there?

3. Phil my boat

Phil my boat Active Member

What kind of fish finder is that? Lots of good information on the screen.

Don

4. TheHurtLocker

Lots of herring, small in size.

5. TheHurtLocker

Don, Humminbird 957C it's about 4 years old so far so good.

6. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply on the herring size-- sounds good for the summer.

7. 1 barely legal chinook at coho point yesterday afternoon about an hour after low slack. He went for a plug. Quiet for the rest of the outing but a Beauty day!

8. plugger

plugger Member

Nice to see a good herring spawn from around the Westview Harbour up to Second beach just South of the Mill today.

9. TheHurtLocker

bllom150.jpg Bloom148.jpg bloom149.jpg
    I just came back from Willington Beach, lots of water action with all the spawning going on. This is really starting to shape up for a great summer. It's hard to believe it could be better than last year.

10. leftcoast

leftcoast Well-Known Member

Yeah and I heard Toba was crazy this weekend guys were killing them up there.

11. leftcoast

Any updates from the weekend?

12. TheHurtLocker

We were pounded around yesterday from 7 to 2 pm. 2 shakers and 1 undersize. Wish I could go out today, beautiful out.

13. leftcoast

Once again pounded our way to the backside of harwood yesterday. Skunked my first time out in 2 months!

14. paplae

paplae Member

Went out for a couple hrs this morning. Lots of feed right outside the north harbour. Also had a quick troll north of Vananda. Good bait balls there too. But spent more time tossing seaweed than fishing

15. TheHurtLocker

16. fishspoon

fishspoon Active Member

17. REIDNICOL

REIDNICOL Member

very nice fish

18. Bone man

Bone man Member

Well done sir!! That is a beautiful spring salmon!!!

19. Kisinana

Kisinana Active Member

Coho Point was hot yesterday, saw most everyone there boat fish, Deep around 180 and pretty much anything green,
    We got our limit and they ran 8-9 to about 15. 5 red and a white. Still a lot just undersize which bodes well for the summer if they stick around.

20. TheHurtLocker

Ironmines, Coho Pt, and Rebecca Rock have been on fire the last 2 days. Really good sign so many fish and with good size are showing up this early. What a weekend.