Port Renfrew Reports 2015

Hourston, head out to the bank if you can.

We had limits of springs both days in both our boats, no guide, just die-hard sporties.

No specific coordinates needed, just drive toward the J buoy and stop where the big aluminum boats are....the fish are hungry and most thing worked, though some better than others.

Springs to 28lb and Hali to 55. Both out at the bank.

do you mind telling us how deep you were on the rigger? I was along the beach last week and it was painful. 4 springs in 6 days.

Down between 150 feet and bottom, but we were out at the bank.

We drove by the inside spots on the way in each day and they all seemed relatively slow.

Thanks, I was wondering about the depth at the bank. I am going back in a couple of weeks and may have to go out there to find fish. Few or no charters at the beach. Tells you what you need to know. They were rarely even stopping on their way out to give it a quick try.

If you don't see anyone in the biz at the location you are fishing, you are either very very good, or doing it wrong.

My 2 cents.

Hourston, head out to the bank if you can.

We had limits of springs both days in both our boats, no guide, just die-hard sporties.

No specific coordinates needed, just drive toward the J buoy and stop where the big aluminum boats are....the fish are hungry and most thing worked, though some better than others.

Springs to 28lb and Hali to 55. Both out at the bank.

I've never fished the "Bank" out there, but may have to next week if it's producing. Just have to find out how to get there LOL...

East point dead zone.Small cohos a touch out.
Hurricane winds after 1 pm. Full moon tides lesson learned

We worked hard today from Carmanah to Camper and put in a full shift, managed some nice Springs in the mid teens and a nice clipped Coho.

Wow what a beautiful day today! Fishing was slow but steady with a few good mid-teens Springs again today.

Fished Camper wed. and thursday. Limits both days on cookie cutters, with a beauty white around 26 lbs. Thursday was a tough grind in the morning, with lots of soft strikes. ran out of bait so headed back in to reload and catch the afternoon flood. Soaked the lines for three minutes and nailed two 20lbers in a double header. Forty minutes later we doubled up again. Definitely an epic afternoon. Saw decent amounts of fish caught both days.
The floods were the most productive times by far

Never been out this way and would love to get in on the action. Looking to gleam some local experience for safety. I have a smaller 16' fibreglass powerboat. I'll be watching the weather like a hawk but is it safe to fish between Carmanah and Camper in my boat? Or is this not advised? Please pm me if you have any pointers or suggestions. Thanks for the reports.

Back