Port Renfrew 2009 Season

Last Chance

Admin
Staff member
Well, time to get this one started. Spent the long weekend up there, springs were fair, but I only got out Monday and picked up a couple of feeders, and in the afternoon there was a decent bite at Camper from what I heard.

I didn't target any Halibut, but there some halibut coming in from Carmanah west, but the springs making a strong showing this early are surley a good sign.

The marina is in full swing now, the coffee is warm at the Cookshack, and the big swells are ready to rattle the bones (and backs) of the fishing enthusiasts.

And take it easy on the road, it's "OK", but having my 26 footer jump off the ball into the back of my truck was a little un-nerving, I towed home via Duncan.
Boat is ok, truck is a little wrinkled.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

thought I saw you running back from up west on sat. LC? - maybe you got someone else running your boat?

Either way I dragged the boat up with the old man on sat. for a big skunk. Saw a small bite happening around 11:00 at the tide change then nothing. Sounded like some did ok on the early morning bite and then again at the change, but not us.

If it was on fire last week, it wasn't on sat.

Fished camper mostly.

thought I saw you running back from up west on sat. LC? - maybe you got someone else running your boat?

Either way I dragged the boat up with the old man on sat. for a big skunk. Saw a small bite happening around 11:00 at the tide change then nothing. Sounded like some did ok on the early morning bite and then again at the change, but not us.

Fished camper mostly.

quote:And take it easy on the road, it's "OK", but having my 26 footer jump off the ball into the back of my truck was a little un-nerving, I towed home via Duncan.
Had that happen a few years ago on that road, LC. the hitch ended up punching through my camper door, missing the camper frame fortunately, so all I needed was a new camper door. (and a better hitch)
T2

No Rigours

quote:And take it easy on the road, it's "OK", but having my 26 footer jump off the ball into the back of my truck was a little un-nerving, I towed home via Duncan.
Had that happen a few years ago on that road, LC. the hitch ended up punching through my camper door, missing the camper frame fortunately, so all I needed was a new camper door. (and a better hitch)
T2

No Rigours

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

Fished camper mostly.

We just were grabbin' some bass for crab bait. Not even a lot of those things happening yet!

www.swiftsurebank.com

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

Fished camper mostly.

We just were grabbin' some bass for crab bait. Not even a lot of those things happening yet!

www.swiftsurebank.com

We were out Sunday and only managed one about 10lb's. Didn't seem to be happening that day around Owen either as the boats dispersed soon after 9:00. Saw you out there on Sunday afternoon 'Last Chance'. Supose the fish have moved on:(

We were out Sunday and only managed one about 10lb's. Didn't seem to be happening that day around Owen either as the boats dispersed soon after 9:00. Saw you out there on Sunday afternoon 'Last Chance'. Supose the fish have moved on:(

sun morn early was good to us we were off the water by 10 with fish up to 23lbs but i it slowed for sure compared to earlier in the week.

sun morn early was good to us we were off the water by 10 with fish up to 23lbs but i it slowed for sure compared to earlier in the week.

Ahhh.... there was tonnes of them down to the east a little ways [8D]

Ahhh.... there was tonnes of them down to the east a little ways [8D]

Once the fishing sortof picks up to where it is now, does itseem to stay somewhat consistent through summer now, or are these just an odd school of fish just moving through? Im thinking about dragging my lund out there (14') and crabbing and trying east point... just need to pick a good day??:)

Back