Port Hardy

salmon slayer

I am thinking of giving the Port Hardy area a try this year. Can anyone suggest where you can camp/ launch a boat. What oher option would a person have bringing his own boat.

Have a look into scotia bay resort, stayed there for a week last August. Great people everything you need and it's as close to the action as possible.

I can't answer your questions about accommodations but I can add how awesome Port Hardy fishing is.
I dragged my boat up there from Victoria in early August and had a great time. Beautiful scenery and good fishing.
I'll head back in the next couple of years for sure!

Here is the one place that friends have stayed at. The owner is a member on here. Great guy and a great location to base out of.

Bear Cove Resort -
https://www.bearcovecottages.ca/

There is others like Scotia and Ecoscape.

Cheers

SS
Yep..... Great outfit.. And very convenient to moor your boat at Jims tackle shack and wharf. Great security for your boat and 2 minutes to the fuel dock.

@BearCove Wade is a beauty, he has helped me out several times with some local fishing intel, and I will say that the Bear Cove launch facility directly across the road from Wades rental cottages is fabulous. The crappy old kayak launch at Bear Cove is better than pretty much all of Salmon Capital Campbell Rivers’ offerings.

Thanks for all the recommendations guys, much appreciated.

Salmon Slayer, give me a call and we can discuss options

Cheers

Back