Port Hardy Reports

Just got home..... Never left Hardy with an empty cooler before but it just happened. Between weird things happening and crappy weather things just didn't happen....

Car crash, things forgotten, wind, wet fire wood, losing an anchor setup, sea pump blowing, gas fumes.....

Not sure I'll be invited back :)

Thanks for all effort CCB, your season in Hardy can only get better. Good Luck,

Bummer...nice to briefly meet you in person yesterday. .give me a pm one day and we'll have a coffee on me somewhere

Just got home..... Never left Hardy with an empty cooler before but it just happened. Between weird things happening and crappy weather things just didn't happen....

Car crash, things forgotten, wind, wet fire wood, losing an anchor setup, sea pump blowing, gas fumes.....

Not sure I'll be invited back :)

Thanks for all effort CCB, your season in Hardy can only get better. Good Luck,

Yikes - doesn't sound good!

Just got back from hardy Monday was good caught 4 coho released a bunch and released a ton of pinks just inside of the bay on duvals side. Tuesday was very bad went to castle point got skunked not even a hit and came back and fished daphnie and and only caught 2 pink it was a very slow day! And Wednesday we went to the airport for halibut and didnt catch anything one bite that was it.

Just back from Alder Bay. Only had a couple of days off. Got a late start Tues morn due to electrical issues, lines in at 9:30, fished off Malcolm started at Donagal end and within 5 mins were into fish. Mostly pinks and some decent coho to 12lbs. Pinks got to be a bit much for the first day, hitting at all depths, so I dropped a chovy and rubbed the bottom in about 130ft of water and hit a nice 30lb halibut! Wednesday tryed West Cracroft and Flower then ended back off Malcolm, this time Mitchell Bay. Pink and coho show again. Really lots of fun to be that busy. Anything white with a green stripe, spoon or hootch got it done. 85 to 125 feet seemed to be where they were at for us.
Really love it up there, fishing always seems decent, lots of humpbacks, orcas and porpoises. Nice peeps staying, and running, the camp site.

I'm at Alder Bay now. Wind kept me tied up today, but about 7 hours of fishing over the two days previous resulted in two small halibut (on a white hootchey while trolling for salmon), a teener Spring and a nice coho. All within about a half mile of the AB marina. I've burned about 10 litres of gas - pretty good return! No question there's lots of pinks around, but also plenty of coho and teener springs. I'm here for 5 weeks so have lots of time to burn more gas!

We are staying at Telegraph cove this week, been hammering springs early morning off of Malcolm at first light, hit 6 before 7:00am. Caught a 180cm halibut and released it by black bluff on Monday, was my personal best so far! Looking for some bigger springs tomorrow.

Tidal Shot- we are heading to T.C next week. How did the rest of you trip go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running up from Vancouver on Monday, weather permitting. Hoping for Hali's and Coho's. Serengeti guide, you still at Quarterdeck?

Running up from Vancouver on Monday, weather permitting. Hoping for Hali's and Coho's. Serengeti guide, you still at Quarterdeck?

Be prepared for a big catch of pinks - there's a gazillion of them up here!! Springs and coho seem to be biting in the morning near the slack tide.

Tidal Shot- we are heading to T.C next week. How did the rest of you trip go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Action was really good first light at Malcolm, we were also doing well on the afternoon flood at flower and the wall. Army truck hoochie was the killer at flower all week.

Just heading out after a week up in hardy. Springs were hit and miss but around if you put in the work. Brought 25+ Fish to the boat, kept our limit biggest being 27. Didn't see a lot of coho but they are around. Hali's were hot!!! Picked up a 110, 95,90 on the troll and jigged a 130, 125, 85,45. Released a bunch! Great trip!!! See ya next year!!

Nice Hali's Bone Man !!! I assume you're talking cm's not pounds.
I was in Kyuquot last week and it was hard to keep the Hali's off our lines while trolling for Springs, both chickens and big ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpg
Nice Hali's Bone Man !!! I assume you're talking cm's not pounds.
I was in Kyuquot last week and it was hard to keep the Hali's off our lines while trolling for Springs, both chickens and big ones.
Ya it was cm's shoulda clarified!! Lol

Heading to telegraph Cove Thursday for 5 days any updates

CHEERS

Be ready for pinks, pinks, pinks. All depths, all lures. There are coho around and a few teener springs, but you will probably be dealing with 10 pinks for every coho or spring you get.

Back