Port Hardy Reports

lots of good sized springs out at cache creek just past cape sutil limits by 9.30 each morning follow charter fleet to find spot;

lots of good sized springs out at cache creek just past cape sutil limits by 9.30 each morning follow charter fleet to find spot;

How long of run is it in descent weather to there from Hardy bay? Want to try it for a morning, plan on pulling te boat from telegraph and launch in Hardy.

Thanks,

Rob.

I heard that as well and at the Quarterdeck cleaning station there was a lot of fish being cleaned by guides from going up that way.I also talked to a rec guy moored next to me that it was good up there

We fished close to Hardy at Duval and Castle on the weekend.Nothing at Castle and managed to pick up a few at Duval,all teeners,caught on chovies, quite a few undersize.We had to put in time and tried to work the tides.There was not a lot of fish being caught overall

Horrible advice. You don't know where they are even going and youre going to **** people off. Won't take long for a weekend warrior to bite off more than they can chew and get caught by weather or fuel limitations.

Horrible advice. You don't know where they are even going and youre going to **** people off. Won't take long for a weekend warrior to bite off more than they can chew and get caught by weather or fuel limitations.

I echo this sentiment. Those guys do this every day. Cape sutil is no place for the first timer, with it's wicked tides and sudden fog banks. Shadowing the charter fleet is not good advice. There is tons of great fishing in and around hardy bay.

Heading up and staying at Scotia Bay July 2 - 5 ..plan is to do 2 day trips to Quatsino on Tues, Wed then Thurs , Friday out of Hardy...hoping for calm winds and tight lines...

A buddy of mine has been fishing the back side of Malcome (sp??) for the past few days with a few smaller springs. Planning on a trip up that way in the next 2 weeks and hope for some bigger fish to move in. I assume late July is the time for that area?

I grew up in Sointula and have made the trip back to fish the area late July every year for a bit now.... usually can expect some good results and great wildlife viewing.

Enjoy the trip!

Fish up top end of island(over Nahwitti and to west)yesterday..hooked into many springs released all but 2..find the bait and find the fish...in tight to shore..40-60ft of water and down 37-55ft on riggers...anchovies and 6in cop car spoon worked for me...no halis like last year ...

Headed out to Port Hardy from Monday through to thursday (July 7th-July 10th) Any reports around duval point and in hardy bay? And also how is halibut on taylor bank or infront of the air port right now?

Duval and daphne have been very good lately actually. Into 4 on day off in only hr and that included a 31lber. Buddies fished daphne last week for 5 hrs and landed 4 chinook (35, 30, 25, 15) and lost a few plus five coho in boat

Fish up top end of island(over Nahwitti and to west)yesterday..hooked into many springs released all but 2..find the bait and find the fish...in tight to shore..40-60ft of water and down 37-55ft on riggers...anchovies and 6in cop car spoon worked for me...no halis like last year ...

thxs for the report,
how far back from the ball are you running?

Just got home..... Never left Hardy with an empty cooler before but it just happened. Between weird things happening and crappy weather things just didn't happen....

Car crash, things forgotten, wind, wet fire wood, losing an anchor setup, sea pump blowing, gas fumes.....

Not sure I'll be invited back :)

Thanks for all the effort CCB, your season in Hardy can only get better. Good Luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back