Port Hardy Report

R

Rodbreaker

This report can be viewed on our web site later this evening at http://www.duvalpointlodge.com/report.html with pictures of the leading fish and a great bottom fishing trip.

The past week has been slow on the water for Chinook but we have managed to give out four “Over 30 lb. Club” hats and we have a new leader in the Duval Point Lodge Derby. The new number to beat is 36 lbs. Wayne Herchi and his fishing partner George Walkki of Billings, MT took advantage of a fully guided trip. Their guide, Ken Fuller of Port Hardy, managed to get Wayne into a 36 lb. Chinook and a couple of smaller Chinook in the 20 lb. range, along with some nice Coho.

Steve Hennessey of Seattle had a great day on Thursday out on the water. Steve started out fishing Duval where he hooked into a 17 lb. Chinook and then moved over to Castle Point were he hooked into a 33 lb. Chinook. The tough part for Steve was that he was fishing by himself. You can just imagine the dancing that was going on in that boat!

I made a quick call out to the lodge tonight to see how the fishing was and the word I got was hot! A new run of Chinook have showed up at Duval and more hats have been given out.

The Coho fishing has been awesome, but we are not seeing as many hatchery fish as a few weeks ago. I estimate about one in five is a hatchery fish.

The pinks are still here in large numbers and are nice and big. These fish are great eating fresh!

The halibut fishing has been a bit slow but Marc Johnson, Tim Westvang and Curtis May of WA scared up a few and had a great time doing it.

Till Next Week

Tom Makinson

Duval Point Lodge

that's why there's a warranty!

Back