Port Harbour sockeyes

fishspoon

From my understanding, the vast majority of sportsfishermen have success of catchin' sockeyes beyond Lone Tree Point and further down the inlet.

Have anyone ever catch any sockeyes inside Port Alberni Harbour and Polly's Point by using pink hootchies? like limitin' out

Do sockeyes really bite inside the harbour?

Like all fishing you need fish to hold to bite , most of the time they hold up to about the lone tree area down and then run for the river non stop . Last year they staged in the harbour for a week but that was not the norm . every year abit different Thou .[8D]

IMGP7780-1.jpg

I did unreally for three weeks right where that b.c. ferry is tied up.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Thanks.....I was out in the harbour by going to Lone Tree Pt a week ago in windy cold morning..I was surprised to see thick number of sockeyes jumpin' all over the harbour as I assumed that they went straight to the river non stop.

:)

Fished this morning just past lone tree, got five lost four. Seemed alot slower for everyone today. All at 35-45 feet. Talked to another guy who got his four at one-hundred feet, he is the second guy this week i have talked to that has been doing good down that deep.

Cheers,
Jeremy

looks like commericals took a big pie of sockeyes this week. I'd give a few days for more sockeyes to come in and get limits hopefully. I have done well in 90-100 ft deep and gave up a few sockeyes long time ago. Most days, I fish 40-50 ft down.

Back