Port Alberni / Bamfield Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

When there are coho comming in on the tide into the river WHY is there no Alberni Coho fishery in the inlet???? Seems strange to me.....Is it 0 coho in the inlet?

Derby is correct, once they get into the inlet it seems to give em lock jaw. There are not enough out in Barkley Sound to give you a fighting chance of hooking one up unless you get lucky and find a pod. Not saying you can't catch one, its just like finding a needle in a hay stack unfortunately.

Off topic for a report, but salmon tend to get tight lipped when they enter their natal stream, so if the catching is good in the river, how are people catching them and why not the same catch rates in the inlet? Geez, could it be.........flossing? Not saying all are lined but a good portion.

Why do you gotta go there? this was a perfectly good thread!

This was the BEST year I have ever seen for catching coho in the inlet. They seemed to be everywhere the springs were. I have fished the inlet since 05. Often we would come in with a mix of springs and coho.

Is there anything to catch in Alberni now...coho or late springs. I may try to go over on Sunday, family is coming over from Van and would like to get them out

fellas

It's a Go..

last summer (ish) trip for us this wknd ,Thur-Tues , button things up for the winter ,
a little playin is in order too ,not sure with what ? we'll find sumting..
if any are abouts , drop by , or give me a showt...

you still a go Pat...

: )

later

Roger that!! Hanging close to cabin. Will head down Sat morning. Plan to hunt bugs on the side. Looks a little cold for beer, switchin game plan to something a little warmer. Stop by for a bs session and a few pops.

Is there anything to catch in Alberni now...coho or late springs. I may try to go over on Sunday, family is coming over from Van and would like to get them out

No not much happening...but there are some bugs around.

Giver a whirl man. That's how reports are made and people are proven wrong. Ha ha. I know a buddy who used to camp up there in October just for the coho run with nobody around. Sounds like good times to me.

We've had some of our best days ever near Poett Nook with coho in October.
I'm talking about limits for 5 by 9am. Recently I might add!
There are some monster springs to be had in that area at this time as well.
Take anchovies, and know that you don't have to run far...
Smiley.

lol

back from the wind n wet , UGLY ....

Last report of the Spring Summer..

found what we were looking for , not alot lol , its over , No Coho , No Late Springs , its done , seen hundreds of Sea-Lions all over Barkley ,
ripping appart the ugly stragglers,,,
we were every where , Aunty was on a mission , $400 fuel on the inside in 3 days lol...we did find a couple of feeders , Effingham and Beale surf
popped off for us for a few , all deep , needlefish , 6- 8lbs was it,, on a brighter note , Prawning was good , as well as a good tub of nice white meat..
which we deep fried Sunday eve , mmmm yummmay

crabbing still VERY poor , all small , alotta females

seen Ken from Rocky Pt out picking some fresh Weed ( seaweed lol ) told me how ugly i was , swamped me and went on his pathetic way : )

visited the Searun familly over at Link ville , no cold pops for team ducker lol : ( ( bad host ) haha

weather was so crappy , didnt take any shots , more a less a rap up gig for us ,

Aunty made a smokin Fat turkey Monday , thank you !

great season for us , no major fatalities , interesting accident with my Awning Monday ( dont ask ) disaster...

have a great winter , see yuz all next year...

( time ta start a winter thread perhaps mr mods , cheers... )

Ducker

Back