Port Alberni and Campbell River not "nice" places to live???

That's right. Port Alberni sucks. Too many people here already. No jobs. All the fish winterkilled, and the ferry costs to the mainland are exorbitant! Nothing to see, move along now... ;) :D ;)

Cheers,
Nog

I wouldn't worry about it too much guys. I've traveled most of this country and the US and as far as I'm concerned, letting my wife chose CR as our new home was the best thing I ever did! I hate to be prejudice as a new comer, but anything they print that keeps people from moving here to crap the place up is just fine with me. That goes for all of BC. It took me 36 years to get to this province, and I'm never living anywhere else.

As for the editors at Money Sense magazine, well, their article just goes to show they have no Common Sense.

I'll drink to that Bassblaster, oh wait I can't afford to drink because my house was to expensive, and I don't make enough money.
Campbell river is great!!!

Its likely just based on economic stats. All those towns are resource based so have taken a hit in recent years. I Would rather live anywhere on the rock compared to paying over a million for a crappy little place in van.

That's right. Port Alberni sucks. Too many people here already. No jobs. All the fish winterkilled, and the ferry costs to the mainland are exorbitant! Nothing to see, move along now... ;) :D ;)

Cheers,
Nog

Yup, agreed.

Cheers,
Nog
I hear that Toronto is THE PLACE TO BE;)! They can all move there and leave all of us to our "Crappy" existence here in our not so nice place to live. Plus I hear that the radiation is coming from Japan soon, just gonna make it that much less desirable to live here (Hee, hee). Really now, it really sucks here, did I mention that it rains too much also, it truely is a miracle that anyone lives here at all you know. I guess that they will have to find somewhere else to live, too bad.

Hey Holmes, GR must really "Suck" also eh?? Didn't even make the list:p. Qualicum Beach didn't make it either, and I know that it sucks here for sure;) we don't even have a McDonalds or a Tim Hortons so who would want to live here?:eek: Oh well I guess I will have to live out the rest of my days in misery:rolleyes:

ya and we have no cell service in gold river either, really sucks when im on the river and on the golf course, ireally miss hearing cell phones ring in my back cast or back swing:rolleyes:....ppl always ask me why i live where i live, although they may be sincere in their question, my usual response is....if i gotta explain it, u'll never get it....or i just say...take a look around, lol....also love seeing ppl come here and walkin around trying to get cell service, had a few laughs at others expense with that one, lol....holmes*
Ahh, so we didn't make the list because of no fast food, but you guys didn't make it because of poor cell service.
You be careful talking about golf courses, you will have a flood of people coming up that way to try out the golf and then everyone will know about the poor cell service up there:p

Maybe that is what makes us all drink around here, we are all depressed from living where we live:rolleyes:

Lived in both Port Alberni and Campbell River and now in Nanoose. Now that I'm an old fart, I prefer the East side weather...but the fishing in Port Alberni is far more consistent and has many more options...I'll stir it up...CR fishing sucks. Are there any fish there anymore?:rolleyes:

Lived in both Port Alberni and Campbell River and now in Nanoose. Now that I'm an old fart, I prefer the East side weather...but the fishing in Port Alberni is far more consistent and has many more options...I'll stir it up...CR fishing sucks. Are there any fish there anymore?:rolleyes:

Ask crazy Pete. He'd know.

To Fuuny....

For $20 he will tell you to go west.......

CR has not been the fishing capital in many of years... We all know it......

Figured I would stir it up for a little fun, but the CR boyz are silent...say it aint so...

I'll agree that the CR fishing has been the *****! Was nice to have the Sockeye come through last year to keep us busy :)

Nope, No fish here. But from the reports on the other threads, No Fish anywhere else either!

And actually, after thinking about it, we should all be writing letters of thanks to Money Sense for doing such a great job of keeping people away. I looked over their lists again and have figured out that their rating scale is directly proportionate to the amount of time one spends staring up the butt end of someone else's SUV while commuting to work. The longer the ride, the better a place to live it is. Me thinks they've inhaled too much exhaust! Brain damage is definitely evident.

Back