Plugs

T

terry

Need some help in fishing with Tomic Plugs with the hole going
straight through. No eye hook.
Have 25lb test line.
How do i and what strainth do i use for the hook?
and what about the leader line.? Am using a flasher
Thanks Terry

"Need some help in fishing with Tomic Plugs with the hole going
straight through.
"
Sure-anytime

"No eye hook."
Whaddaya mean?

"Have 25lb test line. "
A little heavy but it'll do.

"How do i and what strainth do i use for the hook?"
Do you mean what size hook?
How big is the plug?

"and what about the leader line.? "
I never use leader with a plug- just straight tie.

"Am using a flasher"
Bad idea- never use a Flasher with a plug it inhibits the plug's action.

So Terry here's how I rig one of the plugs of ther type you have for trolling.
First off use a Bead Chain thru the hole on the Plug-look around for the right size and then crimp a proper-sized Siwash Hook to the Bead Chain where it exits the Plug @ the belly.

As to leader like I said I never use one but if you really feel you need one then use 4-6 feet of 40# and then a swivel then tie that to your mainline.

Make sure to run your plug at least 30 feet behind the wire-40 is better-it has to 'walk' back and forth while being towed-which is why a Falsher is a poor idea IMO-you can of course run a 'Dummy Flasher' just below thew Plug-easy to do and works well plus you have the added advantage of less gear in the water when fighting that big Spring!

http://www.tomiclures.com/ used to have some info for Plug fishing on it-I haven't visited the site for a while now though-have a peek.

that's why there's a warranty!

straight through.
"
Sure-anytime

"No eye hook."
Whaddaya mean?

"Have 25lb test line. "

How big is the plug?

"Am using a flasher"

First off use a Bead Chain thru the hole on the Plug-look around for the right size and then crimp a proper-sized Siwash Hook to the Bead Chain where it exits the Plug @ the belly.

As to leader like I said I never use one but if you really feel you need one then use 4-6 feet of 40# and then a swivel then tie that to your mainline.

Make sure to run your plug at least 30 feet behind the wire-40 is better-it has to 'walk' back and forth while being towed-which is why a Falsher is a poor idea IMO-you can of course run a 'Dummy Flasher' just below thew Plug-easy to do and works well plus you have the added advantage of less gear in the water when fighting that big Spring!

http://www.tomiclures.com/ used to have some info for Plug fishing on it-I haven't visited the site for a while now though-have a peek.

straight through.
"
Sure-anytime

"No eye hook."
Whaddaya mean?

"Have 25lb test line. "

How big is the plug?

"Am using a flasher"

straight through.
"
Sure-anytime

"No eye hook."
Whaddaya mean?

"Have 25lb test line. "

How big is the plug?

"Am using a flasher"

Back