Pink in the Campbell

waddy29

Pinks in the Campbell

Anyone try for pinks in the Campbell river yet? July 15th is usually when I hear they start headin up the river.

I'm heading there this weekend and am hoping to play around with my spin-cast and fly rod. I hear the river has lowered so I hope they're stackin up!

Waddy

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a ride up on Sunday to CRiver on the bike stoped at the bridge to look around..1 guy swinging flies...saw NO fish in river...water was super low

Gramps has been down a few times, looking for signs of fish. He's seen a couple hit the beach. But none for him personally yet. I haven't been down.

I may try something different this weekend,and take a tour to the Eve(planned that before reading BGM's post). Never fished it, and looking to go exploring with a long-time fishing buddy. Maybe we'll find something up that way.

Buddy has a cottage near the Nile Creek in Bowser. Its elbow to elbow fly fisherman on the pink years. Nothing around there yet.

Had a quick drive across the logging bridge and back today looking at activity.
Some anglers but no sign of any schools of Pinks or any jumpers.
That can all change in the matter of a tide or two though so hang in there.

Take care.

River was super low and warm. Took a few casts below the Quinsam confluence, no takers. had a look at Sandy Pool as well as the logging bridge, didn't see anything...however, like Dave H said, one high tide can change the game this time of year. I expect in a week we will all be too busy brining fish for the smoker and wont have time to post on forums!!

100_5701.jpg

I have to agree was down this am and spent few good hrs on the river I had one tickle that was all but when I went snooping I found fish the two guys fishing the hole had no idea they had fish right in front of them fish are still sparse waiting for mother nature or a very high tide telling them to run the river any fish caught are very well worked for and earned

yep agreed fished yesterday for an hour before the beer cooled off. a few small cutties to show for. Pinks arent stacking up yet but definitely a few jumpers, especially in sandy pool and deeper water.

Will probably take a few casts later today but don't expect the run to show up overnight lol. Wish I lived here so I could try again next weekend
tight lines
waddy

Had a boo tonite and saw nothing worth reporting.....few jumpers at Sandy Pool being jerk fished by a couple of jerks.
Two guys at the bridge.
No fish on beach.

Soon.

Take care.

Been a few move into the lower river the past 48 hours or so.
Couple thousand estimated.

Take care.

Talked to the snorkel trip guy last nite and he noted many Pinks in river just the past few days.
Also a few early Chinook reported in the river.

Can only get better.

Take care.

Back