Penn Replacement Parts

RogersonCrusoe

Hi guys,

Found an old Penn 209 that requires a few replacement parts and was wondering if there's a local (Vic/Nanaimo) shop that sells replacement parts. I found a couple online shops, but the shipping prices are astronomical for such tiny pieces.

Thanks!

pm the parts u are looking for..we may have them..if not can point you in the right direction

Try mikes reel repair online for parts. They're in chilli wacky iirc
Usuallly terrible and slow service but sometimes the only way to get parts

Try mikes reel repair online for parts. They're in chilli wacky iirc
Usuallly terrible and slow service but sometimes the only way to get parts
I looked at them, but the $12 shipping for a tiny plastic gear ($6 part) was too much to stomach when it could fit into a standard envelope for $1.05

That is gouging plain and simple. I like to support CDN retailers, but some just don't get it. That is just driving business away. Anyone know any reasonable parts places?

Unless I'm missing something it looks like they don't stock Penn parts. Strange with them both US companies, and Penn so prevalent down there.

I see what you mean-not surprising though at one point Penn was sold 3 times in 5 years and lost a lot of market share only the past few years have they started to re-establish the kind of presence they once had.

I got parts several times last year from a guy with a home business out on 1555 Shawnigan/Mill Bay road. Can't remember his name but the Ph # was 250-743-3782. Worth giving him a shout. I always had to leave a message but he usually got back to me on the same day. I believe his business was "Success Tackle Co".

The small white, plastic, idler gear. I though I had to replace the drag system too, but it just needed a good oiling.

Back