Pan seared fresh caught winter spring

best fish ever, been eating a few from barclay, i bring them home whole on ice.. delicious!!

Fresh winter spring done in the pan like you say is my absolute favourite fish meal. I use Cajun seasoning on mine instead of the seasoning salt.

So damn delicious.

Did the searing thing last night..pretty dam yummie.. did with the tuna last night... it was good... will try a couple other things down the road but a great way of doing salmon....I will be doing it again..thank u for the sharing :) :) That winter harbour tuna was great Sculpin :)20170325_174755.jpg

Attachments

• 20170325_174807.jpg
    20170325_174807.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 32
Did the searing thing last night..pretty dam yummie.. did with the tuna last night... it was good... will try a couple other things down the road but a great way of doing salmon....I will be doing it again..thank u for the sharing :) :) That winter harbour tuna was great Sculpin :)View attachment 32069

Tuna yum ! i can dive into that whole dish ... very nice.

Did some sesame-crusted seared tuna with wasabi cream in Mexico a couple weeks ago. Was utterly delicious but it will be a while before that dish gets revisited: saw some ahi steaks in Safeway yesterday, $60/kg!!!!

Haven't been to Steveston for a couple years but the last time I was there, there were a few guys selling tuna there. The whole ones they were selling for a flat rate of $50 a piece. They looked to be all similar in size the ones they were selling at the flat rate, then there was a guy selling by the pound for the whole ones. Think they were $4/lb.

At the Vancouver fish dock there is a guy there that sells tuna too but not always. Can call the dock to see if you are in the area.
And the Organic Ocean guys sell it too from their fish locker there but it's tuna loins sashimi grade vacuum packed and it's much more pricey around $17-$18 per pound. The packs are usually 1 to 2 pounds each.

Still sounds better than the $60/kg I saw, that's $27/lb.

Back