Outboard motor/kicker locks

Steve95

I see a few locks available that look like they go over the clamps ? Is this the best option to lock the kicker ? There is going to be a Yamaha 200 and a 9.9 on my boat and I would like to keep them there. What does everyone use ?

I've heard its pretty easy to pry and break the clamps when using the slide on ones. Also, good luck every getting it off after the little Master lock has been drenched in salt water numerous times.

I have mine bolted like Rain City says. And I wrap a heavy duty motorcycle lock through the handle and the prop guard and lock it to my boat trailer when the boat is sitting in the barn.

This is one of the best rated ones on the market. Just got it and it is very solid, heavy and corrosion proof! Way better then the metal bar lock which can be easily dismantled. I also use a bolt lock and a heavy chain and padlock. Gotta slow them thieves down some way!

lock01_1.jpg

https://www.sailorssolutions.com/index.asp?page=ProductDetails&Item=lock01

This is one of the best rated ones on the market. Just got it and it is very solid, heavy and corrosion proof! Way better then the metal bar lock which can be easily dismantled. I also use a bolt lock and a heavy chain and padlock. Gotta slow them thieves down some way!

lock01_1.jpg

https://www.sailorssolutions.com/index.asp?page=ProductDetails&Item=lock01
I have the Stazo as well on two motor as and they are about as good as you can get. Having said that , wouldn't unscrewing your backing plate be a way past that stazo?

Those Stazo locks have a good lock core, which is the Abus Plus and if this is indeed the top of line Plus core, they should be considered as un-pickable. However the Stazo locks do have one flaw and can be bypassed within seconds without any real discernible and attention getting noise using a common small hand tool - I'll leave it at that.

I hear you on locks. Thieves cut quality locks off my race trailer a few years back on Father's day and stole my race bike and my son's 2 bikes (MX). I was just talking to the boat dealer this morning and he said my kicker will be bolted through the transom and not on with clamps. Welding the threads or grinding the corners off the nuts might be a better option than just a lock.

Back