Olympic Boats?

mr killer

starting to get serious about getting a new to me boat. I've found what's close to what I'm looking for. It's a 22 foot olympic probably early nineties late eighties. I've never heard anything about these boats before thought some one on here would know if they are good or not, Thanks in advance.

Washington state's answer to our Double Eagle. Great boats with a good reputation in the Pacific Northwest, I think they went out of production in the early to mid nineties and were made in Marysville, WA. Craigslist Seattle is a good place to find the odd really nice unit but they go fast! The usual stuff to look for on older boats.....transom, soft spots, stringers, etc etc etc. I'm interested in the 21' standup hardtop model and missed a couple of really great deals in December that I'm kicking myself over. They also made a budget version of the Skagit Orca called the "Northwest"@ 24'-26' that you can find usually under $25,000USD on a trailer in WA state, again they go real fast! I think all of there 14-22 foot models were exclusively setup for outboards...no i/o's.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1574166120.html

Our family owned a 22 footer in the late 80's early 90's. Great boat. The only down fall we had with it was the motor. It had a OMC Seadrive.

Great thanks guys this one had an inboard and has been converted with a pod and newer power, I'd read some good things but it's nice to hear some feed back,

believe they were based on the glasply mold.

a total MILF.Man I Love Fishing

quote:Originally posted by coholips

I think they went out of production in the early to mid nineties and were made in Marysville, WA.[/size=4]

That must have been much more recently. I know withing the past two years or so they had an active website. I just went to the bookmark and it's not working now.

Highliner

www.salmonboats.ca

Olympic Boat Centers (Bayliner,Maxum,Trophy, to name a few) in Washington State filed for bankruptcy in 2008 but had nothing to do with the production of these particular boats. Olympic Boat Works is the manufacturer of these boats. I've tried looking all over the net for their history but came up with nada. Just going by word of mouth they are a highly respected boat built for our waters.

Don't mean to drag this on but I got an email from a boat forum regarding Olympic's and the word is they were purchased by C-Dory who also bought the Skagit and Osprey mould around the same time.

Back