Okanagan Lake March 26/17

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing Forum' started by kingblazer84, Mar 27, 2017.

1. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

Well finally made it back out with a buddy of mine after getting married last week and all the whirlwind tour after it! was a beautiful day yesterday water was like glass, was out on the water by 7:30am just off peachland, trolled out towards rattle snake island and passed squally point we were trolling a couple lines.

All of a sudden my rear rod which was right on the surface no weight just a chrome apex.. it went OFF! screaming and peeling line, the fight was on!

After about 25min battle cranked in this nice sized 6lb+ 25" rainbow couldnt have asked for a better result!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    sly_karma and Big Green Machine like this.
  2. sly_karma

sly_karma Well-Known Member

Looks like 9.2 lb

FishDoc likes this.
  3. Damien

Damien Active Member

On what planet?

4. sly_karma

sly_karma Well-Known Member

Okanagan joke. Someone posted a pic on the local FB group of a rainbow that looked barely 5 lb and claimed it was 9.2, so obviously a porky that everyone giggled. Ever since it's been the automatic weight claimed or commented of virtually every fish pic posted. Likewise, the standard answer when asked where the fish was caught is Duck Lake. All fish are caught at Duck Lake, nowhere else. I know there's a few here from that group, just havin a chuckle.

FishDoc and kingblazer84 like this.
  5. tubber

tubber Well-Known Member

Nice fish. Nice to see you and your two buddies hook up. Dumb rule, but...

IT IS UNLAWFUL TO....

Use more than one fishing line, EXCEPT a person who is alone in a boat on a lake may angle with
    two lines.

6. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

He's allowed to run 3 rods if there is 3 anglers with licenses onboard

7. agentaqua

agentaqua Well-Known Member

8. Mibson

Mibson New Member

3.0 lbs max,
    yea 25 mins battle? definitely a "troll" joke post

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  9. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

Says the Troll New Member , it was just a hair over 6lbs, measured 25" long with a 14" total girth do the calc's

Old Blue likes this.