oil change

spring time

when you guys change your four stroke oil do you just use regular oil or use yamaha or other outboard brand oil. is there a difference in oils

Use a brand name SYNTHETIC motor oil,much better than the regular stuff.I use synthetic in all my 4strokes..outboards,weedeater,pressure-washer and compressors,can't go wrong

I would check with your dealer before using synthetic...
Honda does not advise using it in their outboard motor's.

synthetic oil is largely overrated (my opinion). Ask around who actually knows the defference between the two. Ill bet you get all kinds of different answers.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

synthetic oil is largely overrated (my opinion). Ask around who actually knows the defference between the two. Ill bet you get all kinds of different answers.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

just went and picked up oil for a change before the big bamfield trip 30 buck for four litres for yamaha oil. and another 32 bucks for a filter. so I googled filters in the states, the filters a 15 to 17 dolllars. now can you say rip off

just went and picked up oil for a change before the big bamfield trip 30 buck for four litres for yamaha oil. and another 32 bucks for a filter. so I googled filters in the states, the filters a 15 to 17 dolllars. now can you say rip off

5 litres of Valvoline oil @ Walmart $11.00. Filter $5.00. Boys at the fuel dock in Ukee pumped my pan dry $0. Now that was a great (painless) oil change!

Back