OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to fish West Side Bowen tomorrow if water/wind behave. Hoping to be out between 9-2:30 or so. Hopefully see some of you out there!

Was out Thursday. No luck and lost two cannon balls. Good haul of crabs and prawns.
Sucks to lose those Cannon balls but good on ya for getting out there. I'm in Baltimore for the Holidays and a family member wants to take us out on the Chesapeake Bay for some striper fishing (in his sail boat) , he says the depth of the water is only 20-50' but the stripers can get up to 50#'s. Seriously considering it!

Does anyone know anything about Ambelside launch bieng quietly closed for good? A buddy of mine went out today only to find it closed.

I gotta say Reeltordarious, don,t look a gift horse in the mouth. Go, go, go.

So answering my own question here. Ambelside is closed for launching of motorized craft, I think it was Oct 24th. So I guess that's it.

Anyone getting out for Boxing Day? We will be out probably hit tunstall bay or grace. It's been awhile so pumped to get out there and test gear I have been accumulating lol

Great day on the water today. Fished around bowen. Got sealed once, 2 undersized, lost the biggest winter spring I've yet to hook 30 feet behind the boat, probably 18-25lbs and boxed a nice 10lb feeder. 2 crab and 200 prawns!

I even managed to find and retrieve one of my prawn floats that was 3 feet under the water in fast current. Thought that trap was a gonner.

Attachments

• DSC_0370.JPG
    DSC_0370.JPG
    325.1 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC_0369.JPG
    DSC_0369.JPG
    416.3 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0368.JPG
    DSC_0368.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 130
Anyone getting out for Boxing Day? We will be out probably hit tunstall bay or grace. It's been awhile so pumped to get out there and test gear I have been accumulating lol

Well the wind forecast says otherwise. Hope it changes but not looking good for Boxing day

Well the wind forecast says otherwise. Hope it changes but not looking good for Boxing day
only SE30-40 whats the problem:D
I may bust her out of the marina Tuesday and giver a whirl

only SE30-40 whats the problem:D
I may bust her out of the marina Tuesday and giver a whirl
Forecast might just call for a quick fish in the harbour on Monday and a longer fish around Bowen on Tuesday. Tired of wrapping presents and stocking stuffers ... looking forward to some time on the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back