OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Bonchovy has been having decent action at the usual spots. They tend to cover a fair amount of water in a day usually.

Not sure how much pressure there has been this week, last solid report I got besides myself was a few boats last Sunday all with good action. Big moon and clear nights could have given them a chance to gorge the last few nights. Fingers crossed they're not too picky with full bellies tomorrow

Was good out there on Wednesday lots of keepers I hear
Was out today on West side of Bowen. We got one keeper and one undersized... both more or less in Tunstall. Not a very good prawn haul but it was the first time I've tried pawning over that way. Was chilly but beautiful... there were three of us fishing the low slack around 1:30.

Was out today on West side of Bowen. We got one keeper and one undersized... both more or less in Tunstall. Not a very good prawn haul but it was the first time I've tried pawning over that way. Was chilly but beautiful... there were three of us fishing the low slack around 1:30.
We're you out there in the Grady? I took the new tinny out for maiden voyage today to test everything out and dropped lines for an hour at Tunstall. 1 hit, nothing stuck. 2.5 Pesca Glow. Awesome day out there though!15542136_10153927809992583_2680683385982621245_n.jpg

We're you out there in the Grady? I took the new tinny out for maiden voyage today to test everything out and dropped lines for an hour at Tunstall. 1 hit, nothing stuck. 2.5 Pesca Glow. Awesome day out there though
No; we were three in the whaler. We were out from 8:30-14:15. Solid shift

Attachments

• IMG_5022.JPG
    IMG_5022.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_5025.JPG
    IMG_5025.JPG
    464.1 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
I actually don't know Pete (yet!) but we have a mutual friend who shared this pic w me so it was my cheeky was of saying "yes, I heard Pete was out too"... clearly NOT my collection of crabs. Like I said we caught one keeper and a few prawns. Didn't even drop crab traps but will next week. Have fun and tight lines.

I actually don't know Pete (yet!) but we have a mutual friend who shared this pic w me so it was my cheeky was of saying "yes, I heard Pete was out too"... clearly NOT my collection of crabs. Like I said we caught one keeper and a few prawns. Didn't even drop crab traps but will next week. Have fun and tight lines.

Goldsmith?? ;)

Nice day on the water, once I pulled all the chunks of ice out of my boat. Fished the west side of Bowen and caught one keeper which fought really well. Right on the bottom with a glow white hootchie.

Prawned in a new location and caught about 50 strange shrimp with green eggs, a species I've never seen before. Every single one had eggs! Let them all go. I think they are called Ocean Pink Shrimp.

It was so cold back at the marina that ice started forming on my floater suit as I put the boat away.

View media item 344
View media item 345
View media item 346

@hippaisland May have been buddies of mine in the Grady...bigger one close to 33'??

They managed one keeper and a good haul of crabs.
Yep, that was the one. Thought I saw them playing something.

Going to head out to Tunstall tomorrow if forecast stays true. Looks like we could get some sun between 10-2pm and a balmy 4 degrees!

Last edited:
Nice day on the water, once I pulled all the chunks of ice out of my boat. Fished the west side of Bowen and caught one keeper which fought really well. Right on the bottom with a glow white hootchie.

Prawned in a new location and caught about 50 strange shrimp with green eggs, a species I've never seen before. Every single one had eggs! Let them all go. I think they are called Ocean Pink Shrimp.

It was so cold back at the marina that ice started forming on my floater suit as I put the boat away.

View media item 344
View media item 345
View media item 346

Side stripes maybe? Pretty small compared to Spotted Prawns....sweet and tasty if you ever get them without berries. Good on you for releasing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back