OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 for 6 before 8am, couple more late morning, the hump most around 90' on rigger. Spoons, chovys.A couple more mid afternoon howe sound. Best day in a long time...

Look at your charts off the south end of bowen isld approx 3 miles you will see a rise in the ocean floor from 6-700' rising up to 4-500 that area is known as the hump, its just a big area out in the middle of nowhere so to speak lol

Went out this evening and fished the Bell to QA and back from 5 - 7 pm running anchovies, spoons and hoochies. Pretty slow. A couple shakers and P-cod but no other action to speak of. Beauty evening to be out on the water though.

To ugly for us to go out to the hump so we went to bell on Sunday. 1 in the box (Glow white hoochie), 1 nice one lost at the boat (Anchovy with splatter back Teaser) and 3 undersized... Mostly between 120 and 150.. Great day!

Got the tub in the water today! We faced some lumps to the hump! Didn't get out until 11ish. Only managed a Grisle there though. 115' on a glow spatter back hootchie behind a Lemon Lime. Still need to dial in on that place. We dumped the hump and headed for the Bell.

Got, a Hatchery Coho in the freighters, Capliano sized. KABONG! In to the ice chest for breakfast tomorrow! It took a Skinny G Homeland Security behind a Bon Chovy... the depth? Sixty-Nine Dude! One more grisle, then I headed home.

Great day on the Chuck.

OLAY!

Put a good 5 hours in at the hump yesterday evening. All we managed was one barely legal and 5 or 6 undersized. Didn't see a single boat with a net out. Where are all the fish?!

Put a good 5 hours in at the hump yesterday evening. All we managed was one barely legal and 5 or 6 undersized. Didn't see a single boat with a net out. Where are all the fish?!

Its to early ..... May and June should be hot on the hump. With all this nice weather it might seem like May or June or even August but its not lol.
I was out there too, trolled from QA to the Hump only a few schools picked up but nothing in the box for dinner , had to settle for Moose burgers lol !

Well last spring was my first spring with an ocean boat so that's my comparison. Went out probably 6 times last April and did very well every time out on the hump. Just seems much much slower this year, but maybe this is normal and last year was a hot year.

Well last spring was my first spring with an ocean boat so that's my comparison. Went out probably 6 times last April and did very well every time out on the hump. Just seems much much slower this year, but maybe this is normal and last year was a hot year.

Really, so your telling me after fishing this area fir 20 odd years I've been late to the party...Damn! lol
Good on u, they say "just put your time in and you'll get em" And good luck!

Got out on Tuesday afternoon, managed to get our limit of nice big dungies. Only fished for about an hour and a half, from the freighters up towards the bell. Had a herring on one side(maybe a bit big for this time of the year) and 3'' homeland on the other side, nothing but a small flounder to the boat.
Does anybody have a Hummingbird fish finder, how are they? In the market for a new fish finder and just trying to decide on a brand.

Cheers

lowrance elite 7" gold now Ti me thinks with a Airmar p66
will be the best bet dont go to cheap and small as then your better off just going 5" for sonar and an iPad or tablet for chart

at the hump to day keeper legal on hoochie and a nice 15lber on bait just down over the 100'
at the midday low

out tomorrow with a few guests see how things go with the weather and wind
oh and the kicker got to claim a flasher and the tangled rod .
flasher lost somewhere on the bottom of the hump
yellow and lime with a double bead chain and snap ....lol

Got out on Tuesday afternoon, managed to get our limit of nice big dungies. Only fished for about an hour and a half, from the freighters up towards the bell. Had a herring on one side(maybe a bit big for this time of the year) and 3'' homeland on the other side, nothing but a small flounder to the boat.
Does anybody have a Hummingbird fish finder, how are they? In the market for a new fish finder and just trying to decide on a brand.

Cheers
i wouldnt recomend a standard horizon plotter, nothing but problems with mine
and the 12 lb red i caught last sat had a big herring in her belly

At the hump today all morning. Lots of action but no luck. Two in the mid teens lost right by the boat , one lost in a tug of war with the biggest seal I've ever seen, and one not quite legal. Plus 8 cods to keep us busy. All on Skinny G's - outfitter and bon chovy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back