OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Will be out for the morning flood at the cap, then gonna go in search of some coho / chun off the Fraser somewhere. Any recommendations on targeting chum off the Fraser? Sure has been a banner season off the South Arm, fuel bill in the 33' Grady has been quite a bit more noticeable than the 21' striper though.....

Is this about the time fishing slows down, or is there late runs here into October. The last week has been so slow.

Is this about the time fishing slows down, or is there late runs here into October. The last week has been so slow.

Usually slowing down by now. This season has been the best I have experienced. Cap should still produce some whites.

Four 10's so three days off every week. The whole world should do that. Wife loves fishing as much or more than me. Life is good

lol Daves got the summer fishermans dream job but once the snow starts blowing you wont see much of him,

Wife loves fishing as much or more than me. Life is good

And man.....can she filet a fish!!! My gal loves fishing to the same extent!

So we got held up getting out of RVYC......as a 'gatekeeper' (pic below as we snuck behind) was 25' off the entrance to the club dropping massive clouds of crap. Finally....as it moved past the entrance we knew it was time to hit the Cap.

Got over....quiet and then at the slack we hit one of the hardest fighting mid-teens I think I have seen. We had to chase it and thought we were 'sealed'.....but just a very scrappy fish. Got all set again and.....that fog rolled in fast, it was at Atkinson and then in about 6 minutes had us at Ambleside. The fog was thick, thick, thick and coming in quick so we bugged out. It was too bad....the chovies were rolling beautifully....water was flat calm as the slack hit.....sun was out.....fish hit and we knew it was "bite time". The fog completely enveloped the city....couldn't see downtown at all from RVYC.

Out off the breakwater....82' in the mud.....greenish/bluish/glow teaser head (it IS the money teaser) with a green blade MoonJelly flasher.

Oh well.....we'll get em' Monday or Tuesday. BTW....fish was still nice and chromed....they are not done showing up!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandheads today. 8am til noon. Not a sniff for us today running anchovies both sides, depths 41 to 90 ft. Much different than last weekend. Saw the sur-vivorII out there, and a nice Robolo?? With a bunch of guys on it. Nice boat. Headed back to Porlier two shakers and a missed hit. Saw some whales in the middle of the strait. Nice day on the water tho.

Sandheads today. 8am til noon. Not a sniff for us today running anchovies both sides, depths 41 to 90 ft. Much different than last weekend. Saw the sur-vivorII out there, and a nice Robolo?? With a bunch of guys on it. Nice boat. Headed back to Porlier two shakers and a missed hit. Saw some whales in the middle of the strait. Nice day on the water tho.

Ya slow out there this morning but great water conditions for blowing 20 with strong wind forcased on the national weather station, we only netted 2 nice Hoes (hatch).

Fished the flood that the cap this am , first light - 1030 for one lost chin down in the mud on herring . saw 4 - 5 boats net fish , slowish. Ran to sandheads for two hours. No real action , three 2 - 4 lb coho on the whiskey line with a cop car in the prop wash and one nice chum , one shaker on the herring at 57' in 2 hrs fishing . Saw one Hewescraft boat a nice solo chin but that was it. Foggy but beautiful cruise back to Port Moody at 35mph the whole way, **** on a plate calm. Might have one more cap trip in us but regardless , what a season we had locally , feeling very spoiled these last few months!

Last edited by a moderator:
Two quick fish on a solo fish at the Cap this a.m. ... the usual anchovies on bottom. Special thanks to team Soloway who pointed out the second fish as it was pounding away on the rod while I was half asleep on the other side of the boat clearing my second rod (which had also been popped off) ... sometimes it pays to fish in a crowd!

No luck for us today. Hit the cap from 8 until 12, running two chovies on the bottom. White glo and green glo heads armed with guide series green flashers. Did see some boats hooked up all at once during a little flurry mid flood.

Fished the Cap and my son reeled in his first chum, a ten-pounder. Seemed slow by the time I got there at 10.

Back