Off to Roche this weekend.

Damien

Heading out this Sunday for a few days. Going to be ripping hot out I would imagine. Hopefully I can stir out of bed early enough and then hit the water for the after dinnert bite. Fingers crossed that the water temps don't heat up too quickly over the next few days.

My flyfishing game isn't all that great, so any pointers would be appreciated!

That being said, the good old bobber and worm should be good enough to get my 3 year old her first fish ever. Looking forward to that for sure.

Those fish are pretty picky due to the heavy fishing pressure. best bet is to hang a chromie chronomid on 4-6 lb flourocarbon under a float, try to be about a foot off the bottom in 6-12 feet of water. 10am to 1pm is peak time. If thats not your style, the second best thing would be to troll around dragging an olive colour leach pattern with a small split shot on the line to get it down a bit. Pumpkin head is a really popular one.

Bring a headlight so you can re-tie your lost big sedges. Very late until after dark.

Thanks for that. I am equipped for chironomid fishing or trolling around a leech. Got a few different sizes and colours of pumpkinheads. So I hope I can get a few to nibble.

Ah, good tip Tubber. I forgot about that. Haven't fished Roche in 10 years. Will be fun if the sedges come off while i'm there.

When the chronomid fishing slows down troll a willow leaf tipped with worm behind a small gangtroll. Bang bang lol

8-5 chronie guys are on it and rightfully so. You can join them or drag larger olive leeches or black with blue flash until Tubber's suggestion presents itself. Try using a micaluk sedge with some green on the underbelly

No one is setting the world on fire up here the last couple days. sporadic action. Just keep mixing it up. Managed a ~4lb today. The little one came out for an hour and half after dinner last night and got a 2lber. She inisted we eat it so we bonked it and cooked it this morning. I didnt touch it, neither did she. So Grandpa did his duty and scarfed it down, and I pretended to hve some. He did not enjoy it, but we had to hammer across the lesson.

Pics and more to follow when I get home.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks.

Some glory shots.

Attachments

• damien yak1.jpg
    damien yak1.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 103
  • underwater fish.jpg
    underwater fish.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 103
  • yak trout 2.jpg
    yak trout 2.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 103
  • yak trout.jpg
    yak trout.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 26
A couple 3+lb'ers. That one barely fit in the net. I didn't get a hero shot as I was taking the hook out it jumped right out of the net.

Attachments

• cabin bunny.jpg
    cabin bunny.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 32
  • damien rainbow 1.jpg
    damien rainbow 1.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 115
  • damien rainbow2.jpg
    damien rainbow2.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 107
Back