O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

definitely wasn't us hooking into a hali, but finished business and I were out yesterday and today...nothing other then the odd shaker yesterday, notta today...but I will blame that on the brutal winds/conditions today lol...not much time with the rods down and when they were down the wind decided where we trolled!
Holy crap you guys got big Kahonas:D,
I walked outside and got blown back into the house, gusts were in upwards of 90kmh lol
how tall was it out there CZ

yeah it was blowing hard! was lumpy for sure, but the worst slop we came across was tight stacked 5 foot chop I would say (hard to judge), just plowed into it at 7-8mph...plenty water over the bow!, FB has some footage maybe he can post. hopefully it turned out

yeah it was blowing hard! was lumpy for sure, but the worst slop we came across was tight stacked 5 foot chop I would say (hard to judge), just plowed into it at 7-8mph...plenty water over the bow!, FB has some footage maybe he can post. hopefully it turned out

lol die hards huh? love it! gota see that video :eek:

I was out trolling amongst the freighters today. 2 good fish pulling drag which came unglued without seeing them and 1 small shaker I lost near the boat. Fishing within 10 ft of the bottom in 80-95ft, didn't see much bait on the sounder.

Saltwater Report:

Things have picked up this week as predicted. The full moon and big
tides seemed to perk things up and there have been consistent catches
off the mouth of the Capilano on the flood tide and out towards the QB
and the freighters on the ebb tide. The go to flashers like Green Onion
and Purple Onion have been working well and the go to spoons like the
Kingfisher or Coho Killer in Irish Cream, Cookies n Cream, Glow Green,
Homeland Security, and Kitchen Sink, have all been working well. Cover
water, fish fast, and keep your gear close to the bottom and you will
hook fish. There hasn’t been a lot of pressure lately but with more
fish showing up and a nice forecast, there will be more boats out and
some more fishing getting caught.

This is great time of year to book a charter
and get some prime eating chinook, some fresh dungeness crab, and some
BC spot prawns! Take advantage of the weather and book charter today.
Call Bryce at 778-788-8582.

One of the regulars was out this week and had some action late in the
flood tide at the Cap. There wasn’t much bait around but they did pick
up a nice legal fish on an Irish creme spoon at 105 ft. There was also
one other pop off on a kitchen sink spoon. It was a red and must have
just gone on the bite as there was nothing in the stomach.

photo.jpg

Click here to view full Pacific Angler Fishing Report!

Tight Lines,

Pacific Angler
www.pacificangler.ca
www.vancouversalmonfishing.ca
Facebook

Contact Pacific Angler using bookings@pacificangler.ca or 778-788-8582 for all your charter and guided fresh or saltwater trip information!

Toured thru Tunstal bay today - not a lot of bait but we were too laid back to hunt around. Had a popper that didn't stick, a run and then gone fish and one for the box. Pretty fat for this time of year
Fished bottom w yellow white haze hoochie and 3.5 everglow green tiger tail coyote

Attachments

• tunstal.jpg
    tunstal.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 931
Nice Tykktyt! :cool:

Will be tough to find a much better eating fish!

I have aborted skiing this weekend and we're hoping to head out tomorrow.

I heard Pips is gonna try and jig up some Hali's in howe sound....
oops wrong thread:p

first time out in awhile
and bagged a 10lb keeper at grace today first thing on the tide then nothing much else for the next couple of hours
we then pulled sticks and headed over to tunstall bay where on the first outside pass picked up an undersize of about 22"
yellow coyote flashers with splatter green/glow hootchies down on the bottom.

johnboy on 88A

first time out in awhile
and bagged a 10lb keeper at grace today first thing on the tide then nothing much else for the next couple of hours
we then pulled sticks and headed over to tunstall bay where on the first outside pass picked up an undersize of about 22"
yellow coyote flashers with splatter green/glow hootchies down on the bottom.

johnboy on 88A
Hey Wildthing,
HA! we must have passed at some point as we started at Tunstal and found nothing, was totally dead so we picked up and headed to Grace, made a pass or two till we found our mark and some bait, then bagged a keeper and missed another pin popper.
prawning was depressing 19 prawns between 4 traps and 1 string came up a complete blank, I do believe we were visited. there was a familiar Bayliner hanging around the prawn area all day
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Wildthing,
HA! we must have passed at some point as we started at Tunstal and found nothing, was totally dead so we picked up and headed to Grace, made a pass or two till we found our mark and some bait, then bagged a keeper and missed another pin popper.
prawning was depressing 19 prawns between 4 traps and 1 string came up a complete blank, I do believe we were visited. there was a familiar Bayliner hanging around the prawn area all day
Tim

I know the Bayliner you speak of. These individuals are likely not citizens of Canada.

I know where they are moored. I will be contacting the Marina about them because they must arrive back at the dock with more gear than they left with on a regular basis. I may also pay their boat a visit and take a few pictures for distribution to DFO, the RCMP and other local authorities.

I had a string disappear on me last spring....2 traps on a 500 foot length of rope in 380 feet of water with a half cinder block used for anchor...and a relative expensive medium sized Scotsman with 5 inch high name and phone number on it. There was no way my traps got run over or "floated" away.

A few people have had gear disappear when this particular Bayliner is seen on the water...funny coincidence dontcha think????

I know the Bayliner you speak of. These individuals are likely not citizens of Canada.

I know where they are moored. I will be contacting the Marina about them because they must arrive back at the dock with more gear than they left with on a regular basis. I may also pay their boat a visit and take a few pictures for distribution to DFO, the RCMP and other local authorities.

I had a string disappear on me last spring....2 traps on a 500 foot length of rope in 380 feet of water with a half cinder block used for anchor...and a relative expensive medium sized Scotsman with 5 inch high name and phone number on it. There was no way my traps got run over or "floated" away.

A few people have had gear disappear when this particular Bayliner is seen on the water...funny coincidence dontcha think????
yes no doubt, we did follow it real close maybe 50-60' off its stern to get the name off the transom and to let them know we knew what they were up to,
we then pulled right along side of them at about 20mph to see if I could see Todds scottsman anywhere onboard as well as he was missing a complete string,
they were not making any kind of eye contact, and there was a truck load of eyes in there for sure,
without pointing any fingers as we didn't actually see them pulling pots the name on the boat referred to a
hard to beat poker hand

yes no doubt, we did follow it real close maybe 50-60' off its stern to get the name off the transom and to let them know we knew what they were up to,
we then pulled right along side of them at about 20mph to see if I could see Todds scottsman anywhere onboard as well as he was missing a complete string,
they were not making any kind of eye contact, and there was a truck load of eyes in there for sure,
without pointing any fingers as we didn't actually see them pulling pots the name on the boat referred to a
hard to beat poker hand

Yup...that's the boat.

please pm me the description of this boat,, we are in howe sound quite often. thanks, blair

Was supposed to be out last weekend but that kinda went sideways. :eek:

Heading out on Saturday....not sure if we should stick in the harbour as per Pac Anglers report last week or head towards Tunstall/Bowen area; likely not going to run all the way to Grace as we'll not be hitting the water til 10ish.

Ya i wouldn't mind a pm with the name . We set our traps out in that area also and id love to see these guys out there
Thanks

Pacific Angler Friday Fishing Report: Jan 24th, 2014

The local winter chinook fishing is continuing to get better and better. We hear that crabbing and prawning is trending in the same direction as well. For the details please check out our Saltwater Guide Journal and the Pacific Angler Friday Fishing Report to get all the current info that we know!

TGIF and enjoy the weekend on the water!

Tight Lines,

Pacific Angler
www.vancouversalmonfishing.ca

Last edited by a moderator:
So 2 days at the cap and....no fish but still learning, had a couple hits but nothing too exciting. Still waiting for that first fish to board the new boat!! Crab and prawn hauls were good, made for a couple of nice meals. Curious question, this Bayliner everyone talks about. Does it have a black cover over the back of the boat? Seen one this morning that was acting real weird around the traps. Had 2 traps come up empty, they were practically sitting on top of one of my traps too when I came up. Couldn't see the name on the stern but could tell it was 2 words... Anyways, pm me please if you don't want to post on the thread. Thanks!

It was a good poker hand Maybe straight flush or full house. Something like that that is what I presume.

Back