O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Thanks for the clarification trophy fisher, I would assume thats the the same thing I see between the Hump and VanHarbour from time to time..

Spent a couple hours trolling between the QB Marker and the freighters in the harbour this afternoon. Absolutely stunning afternoon out there. Released approximately 12 undersized (largest was approx 16 inches) and had one keeper on for a couple runs before it spat the hook. Unbelievable the amount of bait and/or undersized showing up on the sounder.

well fished this morning
on arriving at ones winter spot was greeted by mister stella seal lion
but alas even he departed and so had any fish
so it was nice to break out the marina thin cat ice
and a added layer of ice on the deck made setting up interesting underfoot.
must now include floor scraper to list of things to carry ....lol

ran hootchies/spoons/ bait and glow flashers close to the bottom
so will try again next weekend till then
enjoy the pic's hopefully a few fish next time
but great day out on the water

Attachments

• IMAG0415.jpg
    IMAG0415.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 889
  • IMAG0412.jpg
    IMAG0412.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 892
  • IMAG0422.jpg
    IMAG0422.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 890
  • IMAG0425.jpg
    IMAG0425.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 892
  • IMAG0427.jpg
    IMAG0427.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 892
Last edited by a moderator:
went out saturday trolled around hut island one small ling prawning ok alot of females with eggs no crabs.weather was awesume

Last edited by a moderator:
wildthing, whered you get those downrigger risers?

Hi bud i got them made up at a local fab shop
was just 4"alloy scrap tube welded to 1/4 plate's
cost me $60 and a few bits of fish
so i could of gone the official scotty root but nicer to give a local guy some barter trade
and then just painted black
they do work well, just my middle one doe's flex the transom a bit
as its not a solid there.
i did have an alloy beam right across but it catches the dock and held the downriggers
just a further out and i did not want to bash them up
i still have the big john transom beam with scotty modded swivel mounts that i may put up for sale

Man if it wasn't so cold I would
Be out dropping my traps, and dragging some winter spoons.
Just got my boat back from its first break in service and ready to go.
Oh yeah need my puller from FA and Bauer traps.

Itching... Anybody out?

Not yet.. I'm going to give it a few more weeks.. Plus I'm not sure how excited I am about trying to launch my 15 Zodiac in the cold water.. Winter fishing is going to make me wish I had a much bigger boat..

ok lower mainland guys it has been over three weeks since anyone posted on this thread. Has no one been out or planning on getting some fish this Xmas break?

ok lower mainland guys it has been over three weeks since anyone posted on this thread. Has no one been out or planning on getting some fish this Xmas break?

A few getting caught....in the usual places. Get out when you can.

Making a plan to get out in the next couple of days...freaking hunting, christmas, and family been getting in the way, itching to go for a run...

will try get out tomorrow
and see what x-mas day brings

Had to remove my motor as someone tried to steal it in my driveway. I want to get back out there. Marriage, hunting and a busy work schedule has slowed me down. Time to get back out on the water. Anyone heading out let tag team some areas to find the fish.

Back