O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

For bait.....as in herring/anchovie.....that is really short.

Should be at the very least 4'. I run similar to what has been mentioned above.

Were you guys the threesome in the smaller whaler?

Thanks for the tips guys. This is the first time I've fished so late in the season and only my second time trying the cap. Did some research and will definitely make some improvements on my set up.
Was going to try again today but the weather warnings kept me inside. Hopefully the rain doesn't hit us this week the way ran forecasted and we'll see some fish hanging around next weekend.

We were in the 22' outrage. The smaller one looked like a newer model dauntless?

Quick troll westvan and soaked crab nets first time since spring ... wow it was down pour in the tub lol good times ! , no fish today but limit of nice keepers on the crab .

Fished the Cap hard on Saturday and Monday mornings...

Anchovy, full herring, cut plug herring, spoons......not enough a sniff.

Think the late chinook party is over..

Lost one on Saturday just after the high slack, never saw it but it did give a good run and then just gone! Damn! Did ok prawning atleast.

Anybody been out towards the south arm this week or maybe T10? Thinking of one last kick at the can. As long as the wind stays down!

Ya. I've been watching on my navionics app. It's going to be another nasty week this week too. How happy I am that I work outdoors.

Anyone been out lately? I hear that maybe twsawwassen may be producing some coho? Anyone !!! South arm?? Or is everyone waiting for the feeders?

Howe Sound produced the first local winter Chinook yesterday. Homeland Security behind a flasher in the sunshine! Nothing huge but 12 pounds is better than nothing.

Is there any fishing in the Vancouver area this time of year?
It was such a nice day yesterday, I wet my lines off Southern Bowen for a couple of hours. Not even a sniff.
When does the winter fishery start?

Any tips appreciated!

It was such a nice day yesterday, I wet my lines off Southern Bowen for a couple of hours. Not even a sniff.

Any tips appreciated!
There are often smaller units feeding deep out in the middle of English Bay around the freighters just look for bait and keep working it small spoons are what most people use.

Any tips appreciated!

fishing for suspended fish at this time of year is totally random and not advised.

Find structure, as in bottom structure and fish deep, on the bottom and find bait.

mid Harbour will produce a lot of undersize.... Leave them alone.

Howe Sound isn't that much further in flat water and it's why the regulars and guides work structure so hard.

What am I looking for in terms of structure? Is it where the bottom rises sharply like at Hole in the Wall?

to any one heading to grace forget it
the shrimpers are working it hard and what bait was there will be now by-catch
thanks guys thanks a lot

thought they had to be a certain distance from shore ????

to any one heading to grace forget it
the shrimpers are working it hard and what bait was there will be now by-catch
thanks guys thanks a lot

thought they had to be a certain distance from shore ????

Do you mean the bait will get trapped in shrimp pots or are they doing some kind of dredge fishing?

Back