O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

There was a small commercial boat dragging for shrimp out beyond the sockeye mayhem at North Arm/Iona around Labour Day. Don't know about prawns.

Pippen, I will be out Sat morning off the Cap.

Unfortunately my report from Saturday will not help you unless you plan to head out later in the day.

I should be off the salt by 1:30 at the latest and will try to report from the water if it isn't raining too hard to pull the phone out.

If all goes well, I will be back out there Monday.......who am I kidding, either way I will be back out chasing tail on Monday!

Cheers.

MH......ya provided we're still good for Saturday it is an early fish as we need to be in around the same time as you.

5758d0b8cac553f846c2ff31ef0b9645.jpg

Oh the fun i see at rocky point!!
Wife put the dodge in neutral... Jumped out? Truck and trailer at mid tide.. That was 4 hrs ago:(

Hope no one was hurt.
Understandable though, super tricky boat launch, not alot of room to maneuver, lots of things to pay attention to very sketchy.
Once again,
hope no one was hurt.

South Arm was good to us today. Fished a few hours and were rewarded with a 20 Lb. Marbled Smiley on a Wonderbread 4/0 Coyote behind a Purple Haze Flasher at 115 feet. Pancake Flat. Great day with a good friend and his home built beauty boat.

HT

Bought Herring & Chovies on the fuel dock at 5:09pm. Hit the Cap.
Beautiful night on the water. 2 White Springs. One in the teens beautiful silver, and one dark 37 # TYEEEEEEE

First on my boat for the season. Had a rookie rod holder bring in both fish. First was the 37# Tyee, just before 6, and the teener on the next pass.

I did a great job netting :)

Beautiful short evening on the water with a lot of salmon (by weight) in a short period of time.

Both fish on Chovies @ Gretzky

5758d0b8cac553f846c2ff31ef0b9645.jpg

Oh the fun i see at rocky point!!
Wife put the dodge in neutral... Jumped out? Truck and trailer at mid tide.. That was 4 hrs ago:(
Simple mistake that can happen to anyone...feel bad for the these people. And whats with all the Lookie Lous, get a life people!

J-Global's success, coupled with Brio's 31lb red.....

I can barely sleep I am so excited to go out Saturday and Monday!

Tight lines tomorrow!

What dock do you guys run out of?

I remember reading that Pippen is near Lulu ...

We have our tub at Burrard Civic dry dock.

Will be launching at first light.

Tell me it's you that runs the Green hard-top Trophy Pro with the inboard Chev...?

Last edited by a moderator:
You drive right by my house on Kits Point to get to your boat ;)......but we'll be running out of RVYC Jericho.

I am in.....and with J-Global's success.....may well be worth it.

Last trips:
Last 5 Trips, 6 fish! That's incredible for me fishing Cap this time of year.
1 short trip I was blanked. but 2 springs on 2 trips, a 1 spring trip and a 1 big coho trip, been unbelievable, especially in the short time last night.

Every fish on Anchovies. Have tried herring but no love yet.

Dying to go to out again this morning/afternoon/evening to try and repeat, but work then taking my son to his game in Surrey so can't get out. Tournament goes all weekend so don't know if I'll wet the lines at all.

Back