O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Was out this morning at the Cap hit the water around 7:30. Saw a spring taken before 8, looked darkish like the few I've gotten over the last 10 days. Saw a Coho taken not long after 8. Broke off something that was tugging away on clip, but when I pulled the rod out of the clip the gear was gone. About 10 minutes later I got a nice 11lb coho (biggest I can remember in a long time for me over there) around 9. Thought it was a spring when it hit & ran. Then thought it might be a chum until I got it close enough to see. Saw one other Coho caught a little later around noonish and not a lot of other action around.

Out on Saturday 830 till 300, not a sniff. Dropped traps and headed to pink apts. then tried QA same thing, nothing. Looked pretty dull every where. Good day on the water atleast. Maybe give it one more chance in a couple weeks.

I will see if I can dig up the photo but was a 31 lb red spring slight coloured but real nice fish
Haha.....not my place to be sharing and I actually deleted the conversation on my phone.

If Brio chimes in here he may have it as he sent it to me.

Crabbing was not so successful,should have taken a pic of the 1 dungenous, had a purple hue to him, as for the prawning we did well!

31 Lb red spring sure beats my 13lb white springs with fangs!

Nice work, Brio.

P.S.

Is the guy who was fishing solo in the grey zodiak with manual riggers on here? If so, did you land one after getting tangled up? You should come out with us in the DEagle some time.

P.S.

Is the guy who was fishing solo in the grey zodiak with manual riggers on here? If so, did you land one after getting tangled up? You should come out with us in the DEagle some time.

I'm here!
I
did not.. I lost one with a tangle around my downrigger and that was it.. I put in the time and work but had no luck...

I'm always up for fishing and it would be great to fish with some others... Just let me know when you are heading out.

Does anyone know if there's good prawning off Sandheads? Most often hear about Howe Sound area but can they be caught just in 250-300 depth anywhere out there?

Coho,
your best to just give it a try,
if there is prawns out there nobody is going to admit to it and lose there "honey" hole
you may as well ask about our wives;) at least you'll probably get a ton of replies:D

Does anyone know if there's good prawning off Sandheads? Most often hear about Howe Sound area but can they be caught just in 250-300 depth anywhere out there?

Good pulls of humpback/coonstripe shrimp can be had out this way if you know where to drop them, big heavy commercial traps with the mesh tightened are ideal.

Back