Not new-- but so good its worth repeating

Cuba Libre

1 and 1/2 lb chinook fillet
Mix enough mayonnaise and dark soya sauce (About 2 teaspoons of soya or less depending on your taste ) to cover both sides of the fillet eventually.
Scrape off a couple of tablespoons of lemon zest from a fresh lemon and sprinkle in the fish. Salt and pepper to taste. Place the fillet skin down on a low to medium heat on the BBQ. Cover loosely with a foil hat. Cook until the fish is done at least 1/2 way through. Flip it over, remove the skin and baste with more mayo and soya. Dont overcook. Leave it on the grill just long enough to finish cooking-- it flakes and its done..

Great with corn on the cob

BURP!

It's a great way to grill, not steam, the fish. Did it tonight with a Sockeye and it was great. Grilling is so much better than steaming. I also made a soy, ginger, green onion, garlic, and brown sugar sauce to lightly sprinkle over the salmon. Delish.

We've also done this with sockeye in the past and it's great. even the next day eating it cold as a snack it's hard to beat....

Just tried this recipe tonight and OMG...

I have one son who won't eat salmon... UNTIL NOW! Rave reviews from the whole family. Thanks for a great recipe.

Franko

MILF (Man, I Love Fishing)

Glad you guys liked it.. As stated, not a new recipe, but sure a versatile one as BGM knows from adding other ingredients that suit the tastebuds!

Glad you guys liked it.. As stated, not a new recipe, but sure a versatile one as BGM knows from adding other ingredients that suit the tastebuds!

I actually coated my fish with olive oil, then a dusting of flour, it sure crisped up the skin and made it easier to get off the grill in one piece, making the whole fish presentation more appealing.

Back