Northwest Aluminum Boats

Peterman

Does NW aluminum boats have a website? It seems difficult to find any info on the company but Ive seen the boats for years around Vic and Ren..

Secondly, does anyone know of any used 24-26ft Pilot house or Cuddy style Aluminums that might be coming up for sale this year...??

Cheers...

No Doug doesn't have a website.Best to give him a call, or drop by if your in Langford.There are numerous northwesterns at the marina in renfrew .I had one of his 17' boats until i got 2 foot itis and bought a 21' wellcraft, now I am thinking of selling the glass boat and getting Doug to build me a 20-21' center console or cabin model. I've got to get some prices and look at similiar boats he's built to see which way i go.

There's no question they are great boats, as are other custom aluminum boats built here on the Island... Its typically a matter a price... Im in the research stage myself..
Ill be heading out there soon to see what options there might be...
I havent had much good luck with fiberglass boats lately, so Im seriously looking at aluminum now..

Have a look at Broadwater Boats out of Prince Rupert. I bought a 20 ft c.c. from them and have never regretted it. Great boat and really good people to deal with.

Im scheduling a meeting with Pete, this friday, from Northwest and Ill call Broadwater... last time I spoke with them I was quoted a really high price for a 24ft cc and it sort of put me off... but never hurts to look again.. I do like broadwater aswell..

I have looked at most welded aluminum boats with a forward leaning windows and I would opt for the Northwest Aluminum any day. They ride great and also look classy. As you may have noticed, they hold their value exceptionally well. If anyone knows of someone wanting to sell a 24 or 26 NWAC please drop me a line.

I was down and talked to Doug on monday.He said they are booked up so you'll have to be patient.

What it comes down to is Price... Im trying to get a basic no nenses welded boat that I can run offshore and carry 4-5ppl.
Im trying to simplify my fishing and maintenane...
One of my problems is, I have a yamaha f200 with 100hrs on it... Its a little small to push a 24ft welded or at least boarder line... but if I up grade ill get killed at a dealer for a couple more hp...
I'd idealy like a 25-26ft with bracket, but then id have to buy all different power aswell... so Im seeing if a 200 will push a 24ft Nortwest or not ? Same style as NoBananas but with a 9.6 beam...
Ive got a great motor but its about 50-100ph to small...

I was at silver streak as well on monday.They were in the process of building a 20 when I was there,it was still in the shop so i didn't get a good look at it.They said it would be out next week so i'm gonna go back and have a look.Northwest doesn't have a 20' right now(he's gonna send a bunch of pics) so i can compare them,but i have seen the 20' centre console,and man that thing is huge for a 20' boat.

Whole in the water did you compare the 2 boats before you went with silverstreak?

I am just checking into it but I do know of a larger ~24-26' foot CC aluminum boat that may be coming up for sale with a trailer. I have run it and it's VERY, VERY solid....have run it out well offshore of Tofino on a number of occasions.

I am looking to find out specs/length/manufacturer/year of boat/power etc if anyone was interested. I would venture a guess it would likely sell for a pretty reasonable price knowing the owners.

Yo Cletus. No I didn't because NW was new at the time and I didn't know about them.

My 20 ft. is very wide at 8ft and very deep = safer and drier in rougher water. It is a good offshore boat for it's size. NW are very good boats too.

At the time (7 years ago) SilverStreak were the best quality for less $ that I could find locally (other then Life Timer in Duncan). I didn't like the Life Timer's as back then they had vinyl covered plywood decks and I wanted all aluminum. Good luck on your decision.

I had my pod built by E&D in Whiskey Creek. (Qualicum area) They did an awesome job and they build custom boats as well.

I have a 29 foot coastal craft aluminum FOR SALE.....with a volvo diesel......Probably Best built aluminum on market. Expensive but worth every dollar. Finishing and ride is incredible. I've had 3 kingfisher boats, wolf, and Bridgeview and there is nothing that compares to coastal craft. I love aluminum boats.......just don't have time now. Keep up on the zincs. Cheers.

You are right on Coastal craft, but the average boater here cannot afford that kind of quality. I have looked at their shop, manufacturing process, and the actual product and they do stand alone in quality and appearance.

I have a 29 foot coastal craft aluminum FOR SALE.....with a volvo diesel......Probably Best built aluminum on market. Expensive but worth every dollar. Finishing and ride is incredible. I've had 3 kingfisher boats, wolf, and Bridgeview and there is nothing that compares to coastal craft. I love aluminum boats.......just don't have time now. Keep up on the zincs. Cheers.

Back