Northern Gateway APPROVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
...."Lot's of other reading for those interested here - http://www.robynallan.com/..."

Thanks for the Robyn Allen link, tincan!

I read some of her presentations and urge others who have not to give her a look--she is not only hugely intelligent but also extremely knowledgeable about the oil industry and the relative economics (or lack of economics) behind the Enbridge proposal.

BC needs more people like Robyn Allen to get into Christy Clark's face and stay in not only her face but the faces of her ministers, continually reminding them that big oil has absolutely failed to provide not only sound economic projections for this project but also has glossed-over the extreme difficulties of cleaning up the "drilbit" (the devil's brew these tankers will be carrying through Douglas Channel) should there ever be a spill.

When the Exxon Valdez ruptured her tanks on Bligh Reef, that oil FLOATED. That was bad enough---stunning loss of wildlife and impacts on local fisheries.

Drilbit? It SINKS!

Meanwhile, the Enbridge supporters have not demonstrated a feasible plan on how they intend to clean up a hydrocarbon mix that sinks. What Enbridge has done over the years is to show a stunning inability to clean up oil spills of a much lesser magnitude---and now BC is supposed to believe that the oil tankers passing through Douglas Channel pose limited risk???

And more importantly, the Enbridge supporters conveniently leave out the shoddy economics of the project--- it will force Alberta into becoming a net IMPORTER of the condensate necessary to move the bitumen oil through the Enbridge pipeline to the tanker facility in BC. Not something you'd necessarily want in your glossy prospectus--

..."support Enbridge --- help us turn Alberta into a slave to US and the Middle East condensate traders....."

And to bring IN the condensate to mix with the bitumen to flush it through a pipe, it increases the mileage of required pipeline by 40% (another inconvenient fact the Enbridge supporters leave out!)

Ms. Allen patiently and articulately makes the cases that the economics for Enbridge SUCK, not only for Alberta (break even at best after many years of operation) but also for British Columbia (no where’s near the long-term job growth that the Enbridge supporters would want you to believe).

It is really stunning to me to see how much mileage the Enbridge supporters have gotten so far with virtually ZERO challenge from the BC government.

And why so much hurry up on this? Follow the big oil money --- there are currently HUGE reserves of condensate building up in Texas with limited market for it. Local Texas refineries will only take it at STEEP discount because it does not refine into the more profitable by-products such as aviation fuel.

So what does an oil trader do with a commodity that every day is losing value as the inventory builds up? He creates a new market for it (in someone else's backyard --Alberta) and to make it happen, unleashes an army of big oil lobbyists on Ottawa, Edmonton, Victoria and Washington DC to ramrod the "commodity play" through the system---

The battle lines of Keystone and Enbridge have become much clearer to me after digesting some of Ms. Allen's articulate analysis.

The Pope should beatify her.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who have not watched it, Dimitri Gammer's Casing a Voice puts real perspective what's at stake with the Northern Gateway. Take the time watch it and you won't be disappointed. Here's the link to the film http://vimeo.com/78876102

Ahhhh,, a nice early Christmas present,,, nice..

Should pick up rig activity here in Alberta soon.

Now,, just boot a few hippies out of the way,, pay off the Indian bands (as per usual) and off we go,, hopefully they start to build with in the next couple years..
Lol ,funny guy. Pipeline has nothing to do with rig activity bit everything to do with the expansion of the oil sands. I do agree the oil companies will pay off the natives...

Moving more bitumen means more SAGD wells, all done by rigs.

Lol ,funny guy. Pipeline has nothing to do with rig activity bit everything to do with the expansion of the oil sands. I do agree the oil companies will pay off the natives...

It think you could look at the companies behind NG to see what type of extraction they have.
You also need to look at there expansion plans.

On an other note ... what's next to stop this.
http://dogwoodinitiative.org/blog/new-strategy-faq

Looks like Xmas presents going to these guys

NG expansion means Fracking which is still quite questionable.

Moving more bitumen means more SAGD wells, all done by rigs.
The majority of Bitumen production is done by open pit mining. Syncrude, Suncor, Shell Albian sands, Kearl lake, etc. Massive operations that are constantly expanding...

You people are so utterly clueless it amazes me, just amazes me..

You people are so utterly clueless it amazes me, just amazes me..

OK, Walleyes---I'm the guy wearing the T-shirt with "VILLAGE IDIOT" stenciled across my chest. The only thing I have going for me is a 35 year history of fishing some of the water that the Northern Gateway pipeline will be built across. So my feeble brain can only grasp the CONS of this project because I've come to love that area for its relatively pristine habitat.

So I'm all ears-- why don't you step in and educate me on my clue-less-ness. I'm not particularly proud of being the Village Idiot so tell me what I'm missing here; what are the wonderful things that Enbridge and Big Oil will bring to Alberta and BC---what am I missing that you aren't????

Just saying that SAGD is also expanding and looking for pipeline room.

The majority of Bitumen production is done by open pit mining. Syncrude, Suncor, Shell Albian sands, Kearl lake, etc. Massive operations that are constantly expanding...

Just saying that SAGD is also expanding and looking for pipeline room.
Yes,Conoco Phillips is building the largest SagD plant in the world just south of Fort Mac in Surmont. You also have Long Lake that recently was bought out by a large Chinese corporation, and the Cenovus Plant in Conklin ,which is expanding, amongst others...This pipeline and others are much needed to keep up with the unrelenting production of liquid gold.

Ahhhh,, a nice early Christmas present,,, nice..

Should pick up rig activity here in Alberta soon.

Now,, just boot a few hippies out of the way,, pay off the Indian bands (as per usual) and off we go,, hopefully they start to build with in the next couple years..

I thought walleyes was only being sarcastic...

I thought walleyes was only being sarcastic...
Unfortunately Agent he wasn't. And his sneering dismissal of all those that understand what this pipeline will destroy on the coast and and the waterways of BC, and all of the world's climate scientists who know what climate change is doing and will do in the future demonstrates unequivocally that he wasn't!

Nope wrong! Enbridge may pay off some of the First Nations, but not ALL of them. The Northern gateway will never be built. The people of BC will see to that!

Yes,Conoco Phillips is building the largest SagD plant in the world just south of Fort Mac in Surmont. You also have Long Lake that recently was bought out by a large Chinese corporation, and the Cenovus Plant in Conklin ,which is expanding, amongst others...This pipeline and others are much needed to keep up with the unrelenting production of liquid gold.
Liquid gold eh? Really?
So Dennis, please review the video by Robyn Allen posted here and explain to us how she is wrong on all the points she makes about how bad this is for the economy of Canada. Start with the price rise she predicts and the hollowing of the manufacturing sector. I am interested in your educated insights here...

Oh it will go through,, I said it on here before and I will again, a few people with little knowledge of true facts won't hold up the country. Your Premier regardless of who it may be at the time will have no choice. They will be instructed by not only the federal government but the money houses and banks in Vancouver to let it through. The fact is the rest of the country has quite a bit more knowledge of the realities of pipelines than the BS the people in BC have been fed.

The tides are turning so to speak and more of the truth will get out there..

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...-b-c-to-northern-gateway-exposed-as-nonsense/

So walleyes are you an pro-industry hack or just a oil industry worker, or both?

What do you mean about the true facts and how this will go through regardless of the amount of public resistance?

Are you just blowing smoke, providing fact less personal opinion, or do you have some data and proof to back up your statements? Which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back