Nootka Sound - Spring and Summer 2012

Coachman

I'm heading to Critter again this year on July 27-30th and again the following week in Aug.

Thought I'd start a thread for Nootka Sound. Post your catches, photos and info.

Well, we will be back to Nootka this year again, staying at Moutcha Bay Resort on June 26 for a couple weeks and then back again on Aug. 5 for another two weeks, hope we do as good as last year.

Here are a couple from last year.

Attachments

• 65lb hali.jpg
    65lb hali.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 351
  • Nice One.jpg
    Nice One.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 394
I'll be at Critter in one of the few jet boats. The "Alyssa Jade"

Anyone venture out to the reef yet....???? Or is it too early.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Holmes. Last year was the first time I'd been to Nootka. Still a newbie to saltwater, but bought a new
lowrance plotter, another electric downrigger, and some other toys for Nootka this year.

We didn't find any Hali's when we went to bajo. We did end up with a bunch of springs, coho, and one nice ling Hopefully we can do better this year and find a couple halibut.

That would be greatly appreciated.

I can't wait as well Anyfishlldo. Hopefully I don't end up giving camping Camping Dan another replacement rod. :p

Booked into Flynn's Cove this Sunday and Monday.
Triple generation event with my dad and daughter coming along.

First time trying to fish halibut in this part of the world.
If anyone wants me to test out any reliable spots and suggestions as to bait and tackle, I will report back on results!

Woohoo!

Gong Show

Holmes can prob help you out.

Hey Holmes. Whenever you get a chance, can you pm me those hali spots you mentioned..??

Well we are all geared up and ready to roll to Gold River in the morning.
Thanks for the tips and we will report upon our return.

GS

I will be going to Nootka Sound this July and can anybody tell me if you can get sea ice anywhere (Critter Cove ?) and is there cell coverage or does it basically end at Gold River?

Any help is appreciated.

Back