Nootka Marine Adventures - Which Lodge?

carpeweekend

Crew Member
I attended the Sidney Anglers Derby on Saturday and while I didn't catch a fish big enough to make it into the prizes, I successfully bid on a trip graciously donated to the Sidney Anglers derby by Nootka Marine Adventures. It is a two day, 3 night guided trip and I have the option of Moutcha Bay, Newton Cove, or Nootka Sound Resort. I will likely pay the extra to add a day to the trip.

I have never fished anywhere north of Tofino on the West Coast of Van Isle and looking forward to it. For those of you who are familiar with the area and the lodges, was wondering which lodge you would recommend?

I don't really care about how fancy the lodge is and am not bothered by seasickness so just looking for the best lodge to catch fish. Their Marketing Manager says that Newton Cove is the best for pure fishing. Any advice would be appreciated.

Not sure where Nootka Sound Resort is, but Moutcha and Newton are both very good. They run a class act. Pretty sure Newton Cove will be closer to the offshore action, but, Moutcha has lots of inshore accesss. Hard to beat. I use the restaurant a few times each year at Moutcha and its the best in the Sound. You will have a good experience.

I stayed at the old Newton Cove lodge. It was an awesome location. Like the others have said it is close to the outside but also has some good fishing closer to the resort if the wind picks up.

pick the lodge that does not allow halibut quota on their dock.

Hello carpweekend

I stay at moutchabay resort for a month every summer and it is excellent it has everything you want !! I strongly recommend that you go to Newton cove its an amazing set up !!! first class.The fishing up in esperanza is unbelievable both inshore and offshore so if its windy there is more than one place to hide and their guides are really dialled in.Try to see if you can book late july/beginning of august this is absolute primetime for all species the big chinooks are rolling by and lots of hali to be found out on the banks.good luck

Tight Lines
Billydoo

Pescador

nootka sound resort or NSR is in the bay at the end of the wall with the big red roof on the right.I can't remember the name of the bay,but if you were coming from camel rock towards the wall turned into the bay right after the wall ends.It was nootka marines first floating lodge then then Paul built the moutchabay then his newest is newton cove a few years old now.They really put a lot of thought into there lodges.The fish processing plant is a guides dream come true lol gives us time to have a cold one...

Tight Lines
Billydoo

Pescador

nootka sound resort or NSR is in the bay at the end of the wall with the big red roof on the right.I can't remember the name of the bay,but if you were coming from camel rock towards the wall turned into the bay right after the wall ends.It was nootka marines first floating lodge then then Paul built the moutchabay then his newest is newton cove a few years old now.They really put a lot of thought into there lodges.The fish processing plant is a guides dream come true lol gives us time to have a cold one...

Tight Lines
Billydoo

Right. I remember it now. Been in there a few times cruising around.

Back