nitnat river

oh! and even with dfo and the hatchery booting back and forth with the fish from the lake to the hatchery ever couple minutes (must have had 5, 6 trucks going back and forth?) we saw two parties of two boats each launch, drift, and fish the river [B)] one of the parties was from oregon. We let some of the guys know and they just frowned and called them a bunch of bastards

Would like to see where it says its closed for fishing? have looked but nuthing seen. It is closed for retention till the 15th.

yeah I thought so to, but there are postings on the bridge, and some around the cabin down past the hatchery, didnt see anyone fishing, saw one guy photographing the bears, there were lots around, but nowhere in the posting did it say non retention, didn't see to many fish but scoped a nice pool with with a bunch of ho's, looking forward to next weekend [^], anyone heading up?

http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/x..._notice&lang=en&DOC_ID=111707&ID=recreational

I thought it was closed for fishing, even non retention for that period. Its a resting period to give the salmon a break and a chance to span without being caught, flossed and snagged.

Outfitters received a memo saying it is closed to fishing Oct 1 to 15. In the past it was closed to retention 1st to 15th. Everybody thought that meant closed to fishing. I guess it is not well posted. The Oregon boys would be big Norm, he's been coming up for 10 yrs. Sounds like there's no inforcement.

Tournament Proven !

just drifted it, its useless super low and gin clear, Kenzie was out as well no fish to speak of except for old boot spring and rotting chums, drifted from parker to red rock, had to carry the boat over most tailouts. Saw lots of bears though, 14 in total. Need rain.

If anyone has any results would be great. I'm looking to go up on this Coming Sunday.

Let me know People..I want to hit some Chromer's ;)

Face it guys its over, it will NEVER be as good as years past. It just gets worse and worse every year. Remember when the coho didn't even make it into the Nitty and many died off in the lake?, it was a sign of the times then and that was 4 or 5 years ago. It is time for some drastic changes, conservation, and enforcement on all of our part in regard to our fisheries!, or else there will be zero fishing opportunities for everybody in the future. It's coming.

Well that wasn't even close to what I asked... But yes the fish have been coming back with lower and lower numbers.. Funny thing is when I'm fishing the river in the last 5 years I have only caught a handfull of hatchery fish and just a ton of wild fish...

fished nitnat all day today, didnt see one coho, lots of fresh chum, and a crap load of bears,and some elk, nice day though, weather wise

wasnt at nitnat but all the rivers i saw in chowichen area are very high because of the rain im sure nitnat is high

Back