nitnat river

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing Forum' started by redman, Oct 10, 2007.

1. redman

redman Member

anybody have any info on coho in the nitnat river other than it,s not open till the 15,th

2. Roe Bags

Roe Bags Active Member

Ayup....As of a few days ago we were scratching for a few fish, Coho that is. Tons of tigers pouring over the bar daily and quite a few springs doing there thing in most tailouts. Herd it was a complete blow out Sunday and looked more like a giant chocolate milkshake rather than a river. Should be coming down and into shape in the next few, probably worth a boo!

3. salmondude

salmondude Guest

any info on catching coho in the river would be apreciated.
    do you just use wool and hook like the springs or what do you use ive heard of some sort of spinner?

4. Rum Buddies

Rum Buddies Active Member

wool is great for snagging, but they will actually hit a spinner.

5. salmondude

salmondude Guest

what size just like a trout spinner?

6. Roe Bags

Roe Bags Active Member

Colorado #3 gold, Blue fox #3 gold....Coho fishing has been pretty slow for this time of year with most boats getting 2-4 on a drift if your lucky.:( Be ready for your vehicle to take a pounding as the Rd in from Cowichan is horrible due to lack of graders with the ongoing strike. Certainly not what we were expecting with the amount of Coho offshore this year:(

7. Rum Buddies

I'm no expert but Vibrax seem to popular - size well depends on your gear and water levels. You can drift a colorado blade under a float to

8. Rum Buddies

I'm no expert but Vibrax seem to popular - size well depends on your gear and water levels. You can drift a colorado blade under a float to

9. Rum Buddies

is there more to come or does it look like thats it for coho?

10. Rum Buddies

is there more to come or does it look like thats it for coho?

11. Fins -n- Skins

Fins -n- Skins Well-Known Member

As for one little run, i don't think they even showed up. Hopefully there are more to come, but like last year it's looking grim...

12. Fins -n- Skins

As for one little run, i don't think they even showed up. Hopefully there are more to come, but like last year it's looking grim...

13. redman

redman Member

Fished for 9 hrs tues with 3 others from first hole up. Not one
    ho between us . Hope they don't scoot up with all the rain we are supose
    to get. Great bear action to keep us amused
    Redman

14. redman

redman Member

Fished for 9 hrs tues with 3 others from first hole up. Not one
    ho between us . Hope they don't scoot up with all the rain we are supose
    to get. Great bear action to keep us amused
    Redman

15. Fish-Rite

Fish-Rite Member

Hit a school with bags 10 or so days ago but not much since......not worth the bump in there anymore!What happened to this once great fishery?

16. Fish-Rite

Fish-Rite Member

Hit a school with bags 10 or so days ago but not much since......not worth the bump in there anymore!What happened to this once great fishery?

17. nitnat_junkie

nitnat_junkie Active Member

Yeah would be greatly apreciated if anyone has been up to nitnat recently could post some info, what the river conditions are like, and if there is lots of chum , planning on going up there this saturday oct 27 with the wife, thanks

nitnat_junkie [:p]

18. nitnat_junkie

nitnat_junkie Active Member

Yeah would be greatly apreciated if anyone has been up to nitnat recently could post some info, what the river conditions are like, and if there is lots of chum , planning on going up there this saturday oct 27 with the wife, thanks

nitnat_junkie [:p]

19. Fins -n- Skins

Anyone have a coho report? I would imagine the road will be better now that the strike is over. Junkie the river should be loaded with tigers...

20. Fins -n- Skins

Anyone have a coho report? I would imagine the road will be better now that the strike is over. Junkie the river should be loaded with tigers...