Nice day for a boat ride

R

Red Herring

These are the days eh kiddies!! Sunny, calm, no fricken wind, great days for boat rides, but where the heck are the fish!!!!! Went for an evening fish yesterday evening, ran the boat from Esquimalt to Beechy, fished hard Beachy to Sooke, and darned if I even picked up 50 fish on the finder. Heard of one being caught earlier at Church, but thats it. Wheres this big run? Have I missed it already? Do I need to take up religion? Do I have to fish in the wind?

Cheers and Beers

Red

Well i was out yesterday in the morning we got 4 but lost one to a seal there are certain tricks to fishing sooke and catching big fish if you dont know ill let you know after i catch my fish for the big derby this weekend LOL GOOD LUCK WOLF!!!!!!!

hey Red i thought you and newbie 22 oh sorry halibut 22 were best friends??????????

Either it is something personal or a lull. They do happen, especially on the southern half. I have experienced the same tides in the charlottes. You can sit and watch guy's catch fish all around you on a tide and the next day, wham, your poppin a limit. Be patient..-dirty

Hey halibut22 before you pop off you should know what you are talking about the best time to catch fish in sooke are on the afternoon floods after all early 4am guys that don't know any better leave with nothing i slide in and cleen up and i won't even get out of bed till9
so keep talkin and one day you will figure it out!!!!!!!1

There's One!!!!!!!!!

So True There's One, Sunday the 20th (after the derby) launched at the Reserve at 6 pm and by 7 we got a 32 and a 24 in front of Fraser right in the Bay...fog was rolling in at the Head so we stayed in tight.

Remember, "When the Fish aren't Biting...the Fish aren't Biting!!"

Back