NHL/Canucks Thread 08/09

FA,

You are right about them not having much (Captain material) to choose from, especially since Trev retired. Nazzy was NOT Captain material in my view (not 'Greasy' enough) and they should have returned the 'C' to Trev when he came back.

If having Louie as the 'C' helps keep him around a little longer then good. We will never win a cup without a top-shelf goalie.

I don't see Sundin in the same light as you. He's an old 'Leaf' for crying out loud. Toronto sucks! Even more-so than the Habs!

Go Nucks!

Anyone catch that game last night?
Halak stole the show. I have said since Huet left Montreal that Halak is their best goalie. They have ridden the Price express as far as they could. Now finnaly we might have a #1 goalie! How sweet it was to see the fans treat Sundin with the flury of Boo's. He could have chose Montreal to play in, but he'd rather play on a second rate team. What do you expect for a guy who liked playing for the Toronto Makeme Laffs! I guess he doesn't want to add a cup ring to his trophy case.

3308936847_dafe5ee214.jpg

GO HABS GO!!!
Take only what you need.

Canucks are a sencond rate team now are they?At least the Habs broke the streak of loosing 11 times in a row to the canucks. And I guess they almost got 20 shots in the game, so ya they must be a first rate team;).

How many shots do you need when you play the trap to perfection? They played it the whole game, all 60. The shots are misleading, alot of those shots cam from over the blueline or outside at any rate. I'd say the scoring chances where pretty close, but Montreal had their guns lighting it up and the Canucks couldn't beat Halak. Ok they did once but thank goodness for Briesbrough. I knew if the Canucks scored one the whole game would change, thankfully they didn't and our goalie came up big when he needed to. According to Luongo he was "bored". It took 2 perfect plays to beat him. No goalie could have stopped either goal by the Habs, so you can't really blame him at all. Were missing two of our top goal scorers right now, looks like Lang is done for the year after getting his ankle severed. Tangay is due back soon though, and I expect Bob isn't done with improvements yet before the deadline there will be a deal or two done in Hab land.

PS. SUNDIN would have looked better in Bleu, Blanc,and Rouge!!!

Take only what you need.

Got to admit other than that game in Montreal the Canucks look really good. But hey don't feel bad San Jose got it handed to them in Montreal too. Montreal is a scary team to play against right now, cause they are hungry. Canucks are my #2 team so things are good..

Take only what you need.

A client of mine gave me tickets to the lightning game on friday....
If it were not for the fact I had my 7 year old son with me I would of walked....even he was ready for a nap!
The canucks are winning but it's like watching paint dry....
Watch a Chicago vs boston game and you realize how bad the Canucks really are.
Trust me....I actually go to enough games and without some serious moves before the trade deadline....they won't stand a chance against they rest of the Division they are in.
The true downfall is that they are in a horribly tough division and everyone around them is just simply more rounded.
Look at a team like Calgary...built for the playoffs and Iginla( team captain 2010) is just getting started...

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

quote:Originally posted by richmake

If it were not for the fact I had my 7 year old son with me I would of walked....even he was ready for a nap!
Trust me....I actually go to enough games and without some serious moves before the trade deadline....they won't stand a chance against they rest of the Division they are in.
The true downfall is that they are in a horribly tough division and everyone around them is just simply more rounded.
Look at a team like Calgary...built for the playoffs and Iginla( team captain 2010) is just getting started...

I'll beg to differ on the well roundedness (if that's a word) of the team. The Lightning game we didn't play well but still got the W...against Columbus last night played a solid 60minutes, I will bet good money that if we go head-to-head against Chicago in the playoffs we will win. They are just too young and inexperienced and don't have the defensive depth to go against our forward lines.

I went to the Sens Nucks and Leafs Nucks games out here and I can say both games were extremely exciting, especially the Leafs game where it was end to end in the 3rd and OT. The Bolts game was boring to watch, as I did online, but a W nonetheless and this team has now won 10 of 12 and is just getting started... ;) lol

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

quote:Originally posted by richmake

I'll beg to differ on the well roundedness (if that's a word) of the team. The Lightning game we didn't play well but still got the W...against Columbus last night played a solid 60minutes, I will bet good money that if we go head-to-head against Chicago in the playoffs we will win. They are just too young and inexperienced and don't have the defensive depth to go against our forward lines.

I went to the Sens Nucks and Leafs Nucks games out here and I can say both games were extremely exciting, especially the Leafs game where it was end to end in the 3rd and OT. The Bolts game was boring to watch, as I did online, but a W nonetheless and this team has now won 10 of 12 and is just getting started... ;) lol

Tonight's game was at least entertaining and was played as if everyone wanted to not be traded...
I saw more jump in almost everyone and Luongo looked pretty good as well at times
Minnesota has the reputation of leaving you feel "trapped"...the Canucks did well against that style of play tonight....congrats...
On another note...Gillis looks like a genius...rewarding Burrows with a new contract and not spending the money on a rental player...

I dont miss a canucks game, i left mt Washington early to get home in time for puck drop. What a game! I can see this team doing great things! If only Pylon and Wellwood could get there butt in gear!

-Steve

Canadians are 3 points away from missing the playoffs... Just fired the Coach today...

canucks_girl.jpg

Go Canucks Go!!!?

Take only what you need.

Fish Asssassin...where the hell do you find all these awesome sigs? LOL Man...if only Lui was on his game tonight...woulda been a W...we are literally "5 wins in a row" jynxed. over the past 15 games, win 4, lose 1, win 4, lose 1, win 4, lose 1....trend much? I'll take that trend anyday though...only takes 4 to win a playoff series!!!

Back